With a career that spans from standup comedy to television appearances and film credits, funnyman Mike Epps will return to the Pearl Concert Theater inside Palms Casino Resort on January 19, 2013 at 9 p.m. Tickets start at $44, plus additional service fees.
Epps has generated an extraordinary amount of buzz among his peers and within the entertainment industry for being one of the funniest comic actors to emerge into the Hollywood scene. He recently starred in the film “Sparkle” and is on a national comedy tour, I’m Still Standing. In 2013, Epps will return to the big screen in “The Hangover Part III.”
Known for his quick wit and ability to blend hip hop audiences with comedy, Epps hosted the BET Hip Hop Awards for the third time in 2012. In 2011, Epps starred in his own standup special “Mike Epps Presents,” as well as the Sony Pictures film “Jumping the Broom.”
In 2010, Epps also starred in a standup special “Mike Epps: Under-rated and Never Faded” on Comedy Central and Showtime, and released his first comedy rap album called “Funny Bidness: Da Album.” The album features Snoop Dogg, Kid Rock, and Slim Thug to name a few. That year also marked the release of his comedy DVD “Funny Bidness.”
A native of Indiana, Epps has steadily climbed his way up the standup comedy ranks when he was recognized by a national audience in 1995 when he appeared on the Def Comedy Jam tour and appeared on HBO’s Def Comedy Jam broadcasts. Several standup dates and big screen appearances followed including “Next Friday,” “The Fighting Temptations,” “Resident Evil: Apocalypse,” as well as roles in “Hancock,” “How High” and even voicing the character Sonny in “Dr. Dolittle 2.”
The Pearl Box Office is open daily from noon until 7 p.m. with extended hours on select event days. The Pearl is now on Twitter. Follow @PearlatPalms for concert announcements and event information.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE PEARL
- December 15 – Moody Blues; Tickets start at $49
- December 22 – Armenchik Live In Las Vegas Christmas Concert; Tickets start at $54
- December 28 & 29 – Pitbull – New Year’s Eve Weekend; Tickets start at $85
- January 12 – Gregg Allman; Tickets start at $39
- January 25 – Ben Folds Five; Tickets start at $34
- February 9 – Good VS. Evil: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert; Tickets start at $59
- February 15 – Jackson Browne; Tickets start at $50
- February 16 – Lisa Lampanelli; Tickets start at $49.50
- February 22 – Bonnie Raitt; Tickets start at $49
- March 29 – Matchbox Twenty; Tickets start at $79
- April 20 – Joe Bonamassa; Tickets start at $73
The Pearl Concert Theater is Las Vegas’ premier concert theater boasting accommodations for up to 2,500 ticket holders. Featuring a stage just four feet from the floor and the farthest seating area being a mere 120 feet from the stage, the Pearl offers the utmost in intimate viewing of your favorite acts. Private and semi-private skyboxes are located on each side of the venue offering private bars, lounges and restrooms. The Pearl is a marvel of modern technology using only top quality sound and video equipment throughout. Hard wired to Studio at the Palms, the Pearl allows artists to create a cost-effective live album with efficiency and without additional venue set-up. For more information, please visit www.palms.com.