Top

The Komen Southern Nevada Affiliate Announces Grant Funds for Breast Cancer and Breast Health Programs

October 11, 2011 by  

The Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure has announced the availability of grant funds for fiscal year 2012.

Applications for breast cancer and breast health programs from nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies and educational institutions in Clark, Nye, Lincoln, White Pine, Esmeralda and Mineral counties are eligible for funding.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, and the Southern Nevada Affiliate is one of 125 Affiliates on the front lines dedicated to ending breast cancer in their communities. Komen Affiliates fund innovative programs that help women and men overcome the cultural, social, educational and financial barriers to breast cancer screening and treatment.

“At the Komen Southern Nevada Affiliate, we conducted a needs assessment of our community and determined breast cancer remains a serious women’s health concern and disparities exist within the Southern Nevada service area,” said Krysten Clark, Mission Manager. “However, our Affiliate is positioned to make a considerable impact by reducing barriers and improving the lives of those affected by breast cancer in the Southern Nevada community.”

The Komen Southern Nevada Affiliate grant cycle runs from April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012. Eligible applications must be postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on December 16, 2011. Announcements of funding will be made by March 30, 2012.

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the Komen Southern Nevada Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Southern Nevada Affiliate is part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure, the Southern Nevada Affiliate has invested more than $5.1 million in community breast cancer programs in six counties. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stay in the local community. The remaining 25 percent funds groundbreaking national breast cancer research. For more information, call 702-822-2324 or visit http://komensouthernnevada.org.

 

© 2011, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com






...
Now you can Follow VegasNews.com on
Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram and Twitter!

Shop Best of Vegas for all your Las Vegas Travel needs!

Follow us on Social Media!

Friend us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterAdd us to Google+Follow us on PinterestJoin Bryan on LinkedInRSS FeedFollow us on Instagram
Advertise on VegasNews.com
Sidebar links, graphic ads, poster ads, sponsored articles, hot-linked terms! Click for Examples!

Nick Kallos' Casino Gaming School for casino dealers in Las Vegas. Learn to deal Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Poker, Baccarat and Pai Gow Poker.

Learn to be a Casino Dealer in Las Vegas!

Click here!










VegasNews.com covers celebrity sightings, upcoming shows and concerts, hotel & casino news, nightclubs,
travel information, sports, plus information about restaurants, conventions and tourist attractions. We have
some of the greatest celebrity photos you've ever seen so check us daily for the latest news about Las Vegas!

VegasNews.com

Copyright (c) 2004-2017 Bryan Eggers
Send news, editorial comments, suggestions and press releases to
Editor