Kicking off Labor Day weekend and restaurant week, FIRST Food & Bar inside The Shoppes at The Palazzo is hosting the third annual Shuck & Swallow event – a charity event that finds Vegas’ top chefs in a battle to see who can shuck and swallow the most oysters within 8 minutes. The winner will receive a Shuck & Swallow trophy, and of course bragging rights.
Last year’s participants included FIRST Food & Bar, B & B Ristorante, Country Club, Carnevino, Mon Ami Gabi, Tenaya Creek, Gallaghers and the winner with 117 oysters, Mastro’s. This year’s participants will be announced closer to the event and Santa Monica Seafood will be donating all the oysters and appetizers to raise money for charity. Blue Moon, Oyster Bay, Drifter Pale Ale and Ultimat Vodka are also pitching in to make this fundraising event a success.
The event will see the return of X1075’s Dave and Mahoney as emcees and the Las Vegas Locos cheerleaders will lend their pompoms to judging this fun, culinary themed event.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
- 3:00 p.m. – Pre party begins. Themed appetizers will be passed out to guests; donations to the charity are encouraged.
- 3:30 – Front of the House Competition begins in “Minute to Win It” style
- 4:00 p.m. – Oyster Shuck & Swallow Competition begins
- 4:30 p.m. – Winner is announced and the trophy is awarded
- 4:30 p.m. – After party at FIRST Food & Bar. Themed appetizers will be passed to guests; donations to the charity are encouraged. The after party will feature drink specials with proceeds benefiting Three Square Food Bank.
FIRST Food & Bar
Inside The Shoppes at the Palazzo
3327 Las Vegas Blvd. South #2812
Second floor; access next to Barneys New York; Additional entrance from the Las Vegas Strip
ABOUT FIRST FOOD & BAR
Located inside The Shoppes at The Palazzo, FIRST Food & Bar brings the authenticity and character of the neighborhood bar and diner concept back to life. This hip, yet comfortable restaurant and lounge is set in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip and has the vibe of a late-night spot blended with the casualness of a local eatery. FIRST caters to those who stagger in to feed their late-night cravings, as well as those looking for a mid-day business lunch. From lunch to late…really late-night, the menu features American eats and drinks created by Executive Chef Sam DeMarco. Delicious, affordable and familiar are on the menu year-round. For more information please visit www.firstfoodandbar.com or for reservations call 702-607-3478.