As temperatures approach 90 degrees this weekend, NV Energy has tips on how to prepare your home for the summer heat that is just around the corner.
- Tune-up your air conditioner by replacing the filter and check into air-conditioner rebates on NV Energy’s website.
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent ones to save money and reduce heat in your home. NV Energy has partnered with Home Depot stores to offer discounted CFL bulbs.
- Invest in a variable speed pool pump, which can save you up to 80 percent on energy costs associated with pool operation.
- Old refrigerators or freezers kept in the garage can use up to three times as much energy as newer ones. NV Energy will pick up your extra refrigerator, recycle it and pay you $30.
- INSERT normal thermostats with programmable thermostats and set it at 78 degrees or higher during summer months.
Information on our energy efficiency programs and tips for saving energy during the summer are available at NVEnergy.com.