Paul Rodgers, who toured and recorded with Queen from 2004 to 2008 and reunited Bad Company 2008 to 2010 is at long last returning to the US with his solo band for an exclusive concert at the Eastside Events Center at the Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel on April 2.
“Playing with Queen was brilliant they interpreted my songs on an entirely new level. With Bad Company the musical fire (son of Led Zeppelins’ late drummer John) works were still there but creating and touring solo is where my heart is” says Rodgers, a Grammy nominated and Platinum selling artist.
Rodgers is playing an exclusive 10 dates in the United States this year and his first stop will be at the Eastside Events Center Saturday, April 2 at 9 p.m. This will be Rodgers first solo show pairing up with drummer Jason Bonham. Other band members include the familiar faces of guitarist Howard Leese (Heart) and Lynn Sorenson (bass).
Rodgers has chosen to rehearse for several days at Eastside Cannery Events Center for his upcoming UK tour prior to his show. His last UK solo tour culminated with the recording of his debut solo DVD “Live in Glasgow” which charted at #1 in Canada, #2 in Japan, #3 in the US, #4 in the UK and is now Certified Gold.
The singer/songwriter will be performing new songs from his up and coming solo CD, making it 31 album/CD releases since 1968, plus hits from his expansive back catalogue such as “All Right Now”- Free, “Feel Like Makin’ Love”- Bad Company and “Satisfaction Guaranteed”- The Firm.
Says Rodgers “Developing a set-list is always a bit of a balancing act but in the US it will be Bad Company heavy for fans.”
Tickets are available now: $39.95 for Reserved, $49.95 for Prime, $59.95 for Gold, plus tax and fees. Tickets can be purchased by calling (702) 856-5470, or by visiting www.eastsidecannery.com. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the Eastside Cannery’s box office at the front desk.
- 2010 BMI presents Paul Rodgers with the million air award to acknowledge 4,000,000 radio performances of ‘All Right Now’ in the US. When I started writing ‘All Right Now’ the lyrics and the melody flowed easily”. Paul Rodgers
- 2010 Certified Gold in the UK & Top 10 on Billboard’s CD charts for 3 weeks ‘The Very Best Of Free & Bad Company featuring Paul Rodgers’.
- 2010 Rolling Stone Magazine’s #3 Greatest Voice in Rock
- 2009 Solo performance on Jools Holland
- 2009 Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck present him with the Classic Songwriter of 2009 chosen by the fans and writers of the UK’s International Classic Rock Magazine.
- 2009 Receives Honorary Doctorate from Teesside University in his hometown of Middlesbrough, England.
- 2008 Queen + Paul Rodgers performed for their largest crowd 350,000 in Kharkov, Ukraine.
- 2008 Performed at Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday concert in London’s Hyde Park, sharing the stage with Will Smith, Queen, Amy Winehouse, Annie Lennox, Josh Groban and others.