2010 is the year of the Bicentennial celebration of Mexican Independence Day and the Harrah’s Entertainment family of Las Vegas resorts plans to honor the holiday with true Mexican flair. As Mexico celebrates 200 years of independence, Las Vegas locals and visitors are invited to enjoy the holiday with food and drink offers and live music at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, Bally’s Las Vegas, Harrah’s Las Vegas, Caesars Palace and Imperial Palace.
Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
- Join in the celebration at Las Vegas Tequila Fest on Friday, Sept. 17 from 4p.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 18 from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. in the Rio Convention Center. Tickets are on sale for $60, giving attendees access to phenomenal mixologists and samplings of exotic recipes, tastings of crèmes, liqueurs and infusions along with live entertainment.
- A Mariachi Festival will begin on Saturday, Sept. 18 at 8 p.m. in the Rio Convention Center. The festival features 20 years of historic Mexican musical flair. Special guests Shaila Durcal and Antonio Aguilar Jr. will perform with tickets starting at $75.
- Krumbia Kings perform live in the Amazon Ballroom at Rio, Wednesday, Sept. 15. The performance is free and open to the public ages 21 or older.
- Pablo McFadden’s hosts live entertainment and all-you-can-drink margaritas on Thursday, Sept. 16 and Friday, Sept. 17 from 6 p.m. – midnight. Free and open to the public ages 21 or older.
- Enjoy food and drink specials all week long at All American Bar & Grill, Sao Paulo Cafe, Búzios Seafood Restaurant, Carnival World Buffet and Village Seafood Buffet including $.99 margaritas and $5 beer bucket specials.
Bally’s Las Vegas
- The Tequila Bar and Grill invites guests to try $1 silver margaritas, $1 tacos, $2 silver tequila shots and $2 select draft beers. Mexican soccer legend, Claudio Suarez will host a meet and greet with fans on Saturday, Sept. 18 from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Guests must be 21 or older to attend.
Harrah’s Las Vegas
- Satisfy your cravings and purchase two sandwiches, burgers or entrées and receive a free “Good to Go Mexico Quesadilla” at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill.
- Experience the high-energy setting and delicious meals at KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers. Receive complimentary waffle fry nachos with the purchase of two burgers.
- Enjoy $3 especial silver shots at Ginza Bar, Sake Bar and Geisha Bar all week long.
- Stop in for some comfort food at Quesadilla inside Imperial Palace for 2-for-1 quesadillas.