It’s time to raise your glasses and taste the most innovative cocktails of 2010 at Vegas’ newest luxury property: ARIA Resort & Casino at CityCenter. From fresh-fruit libations to hot and spicy sips, ARIA’s cocktails cater to even the most discerning palates.
After a meal at one of ARIA’s world-class restaurants, enjoy the fruity flavors of Lemongrass’ Pink Leopard, participate in the blazing spectacle of absinthe Russian-style at Sage, or challenge your taste buds with the peppery Fire in the Hole at Bar Moderno. As the night winds down, end on a high note with one of the resort’s classic Signature Dips, specially crafted by Director of Beverage Heidi Hinkle.
Gin Is In!
- Raspberry Aviation – A timeless classic with an ARIA twist: this signature sip is served throughout the resort and combines Beefeater gin, Luxardo Marachino Liqueur, fresh raspberries, fresh sour, shaken and served up.
- The Ford Cocktail – AMERICAN FISH’s Ford Cocktail predates prohibition and was first introduced in 1895 in “Modern American Drinks,” prior to the rise of Henry Ford! This timeless cocktail includes Navy Strength Gin, house-made lime cordial and fresh lime juice, served up with a lime peel.
I’m Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot
- Fire in the Hole!!! – Served as a morning hangover remedy at Bar Moderno, this spicy sip will wake up any partygoer feeling the day-after blues. The drink includes Herradura Reposado Tequila, ARIA’s own Mary Mix and Sriracha served over ice with a salted rim.
- El Fuego – The title says it all: pure fire! This hot cocktail served at SKYBOX Sports Bar & Grill includes Herradure Anejo Tequila, Skybox’s own Bloody Mary Mix and the hottest pepper in the world: the Jolokia Pepper (Ghost Pepper). Mixing all the flavors together, this fiery cocktail is shaken and served with two lemon stuffed olives and a side shot of milk.
Absinthe Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Absinthe Allure – Sage houses one of the largest selections of absinthe in the nation. Legalized in 2007, the highly-intoxicating liquor ranges from Le Tourment Vert to rarer brands like St. George Vert and Spain’s Obsello Verte. Sage’s Russian-style absinthe tasting is a spectacle unto itself. As the magic potion is swirled in a snifter, the server ignites it and pours the blazing blue potion into a glass of OJ below. Fumes from the absinthe flame are trapped in the glass by a cloth napkin. Through a straw, guests inhale the warm, anise-flavored air into their lungs and chase it with the OJ/absinthe mixture, finally exhaling as they finish the drink.
- Shock and Awe – This unique absinthe presentation employs Sage’s stellar Russian-style presentation, but INSERT s the OJ with root beer and adds a rim laced with Pop Rocks. It’s the ultimate party in your mouth.
- Sazerac – Reported to be the first American cocktail ever invented, this everlasting concoction served at AMERICAN FISH has everything you need to get your engine revving. Created in pre-Civil War New Orleans, Sazerac includes rye or cognac, “gomme” syrup, Peychaud’s Bitters and Angostura Bitters, served without ice in an absinthe-rinsed glass and topped with an orange peel.
- Prickly Pear Pisco Sour – Taste the fruit of the desert in this Signature Sip. Served at all bars throughout ARIA, this fruity libation includes Bar Sol Pisco Acholado, prickly pear puree, fresh lime and rhubarb bitters, shaken and served up.
- Pink Leopard – This whimsical drink served at Lemongrass includes Ketel One Vodka, PAMA Liqueur, yuzu puree and fresh sour served up in a martini glass with pomegranate seeds.
- Manzana Deliziosa – Meaning “delicious apple,” this signature cocktail served at Julian Serrano includes Hendrick’s Gin, green apple puree, Lillet and fresh thyme.
- Orange Elderflower Cosmo – Jean-Georges Steakhouse adds a flavor explosion to this classic cocktail. This twisted Cosmo includes Hangar One Buddha’s Hand Vodka, Orange Elderflower syrup, fresh cranberries and pineapple.
- Desert Shrub – A simple, yet refreshing drink that pays homage to the desert scenery. Served at Sage, this drink includes Tequila Reposado, Prosecco, pink grapefruit and purple sage.
- Yokohama Breeze – Chef Masa offers more than great sushi at Bar Masa. The Yokohama Breeze intoxicates your taste buds with Absolut Citron, Crème de Cassis, fresh blueberries and lime, served up.
Only in Vegas!
- Dammi un Bacon – Try the meatiest cocktail ever made at Sirio Ristorante. This meaty mix contains vodka, organic tomato juice, Worcestershire and beef bouillon, and is garnished with three olive’s; a deep-fried bacon-wrapped olive, prosciutto-stuffed olive and cream-cheese-and-bacon-stuffed olive.
- The Annulment – Sometimes what happens in Vegas, really should stay in Vegas. And though this remedy isn’t legally binding, it can at least momentarily take your mind of last night’s drive-through wedding. This quick fix from Bar Moderno includes a straight shot of Jack Daniels and a draft beer chaser. Couples’ therapy optional.