Moon Palace, the quirky counter service restaurant from Chef David Chang, is expanding their compact menu with two new sliders, as well as servicing the late-night crowd with extended hours.
Born from a series of magical memories at the counter of American diner restaurants, Moon Palace is a quick casual place where Chef Chang puts his unique spin to perfect the “slider” burger.
Upon launching in January 2020, Moon Palace centered around a menu of sliders, hot chips, half dips, beer, and slushies:
- Single or Double Decker Slider – a griddled patty (or two) topped with American cheese and caramelized onions served across two rolls from King’s Hawaiian. There are two varieties: Beef (a blend of all-natural brisket and short rib) and the Impossible Burger.
- Hot Chips – freshly fried potato chips seasoned with salt or honey butter, with a mixture of crunchy and chewy textures. Guests can order a side of Luna Sauce to dunk their chips in.
- A Half Dip – a dessert made up of two pillowy pancakes filled with gooey marshmallow fluff and half-dipped in chocolate.
Later that year, the chef took to the kitchen, inspired by breakfast sandwiches that were suddenly a craze as Americans spent more time at home during the pandemic. The Breakfast Slider was born:
- Breakfast Slider – a morning masterpiece with egg and the choice of bacon, Spam, or hash browns, served on King’s Hawaiian roll.
This July, inspiration hit as the menu expanded to include two additional sliders:
- The Prime Rib French Dipper – inspired by the wildly popular smoked prime rib served at sister restaurant Majordomo Meat & Fish. The prime rib is stacked and topped with caramelized onions, Swiss cheese, and horseradish, inside a King’s Hawaiian roll and served with a side of French Dip au jus.
- The Spicy Chicken Sandy – inspired by classic David Chang fried chicken dinners, the spicy chicken sandy is lathered in buffalo sauce, topped with ranch and cucumbers, and served between two buttery King’s Hawaiian rolls.
To order at Moon Palace, guests line up along an open kitchen where they can watch the team griddling tasty sliders and frying Hot Chips. Guests can take their food to go or grab a seat at one of the stools along a countertop with a view of the kitchen or the action of The Palazzo casino.
Moon Palace at The Venetian Resort is located on The Palazzo casino level across from Majordomo Meat & Fish. Operating hours were recently extended to include both breakfast and later-night cravings: Thursdays through Sundays from 9 a.m. – midnight.
Follow Vegas News for more dining news.