Las Vegas, NV – February 5, 2021 – In celebration of Black History Month, Lamar Advertising of Las Vegas, is participating in a national digital Out of Home campaign to honor and recognize African American men and women who achieved “firsts” in their respective fields.
Throughout the month of February, Lamar will feature the following prominent African Americans on Lamar digital billboards located in Las Vegas.
▪ Guion Bluford: First African American in space
▪ Gwendolyn Brooks: First African American Pulitzer Prize winner
▪ Juanita Hall: First African American Tony winner
▪ Mary Eliza Mahoney: First African American nurse
▪ John Baxter Taylor Jr: First African American Olympic Gold Medalist ▪ Booker T. Washington: First African American on a U.S. postage stamp
“We are proud to be able to use our digital billboard network here in Las Vegas to celebrate African Americans who successfully broke through barriers in their respective fields,” said Christopher Prickett, Lamar Advertising Vice President and Territory Manager. “We salute them as we recognize the achievements and contributions of the African American community throughout Black History Month.”
In addition to the 18 digital billboards located in Las Vegas, Lamar’s Black History Month campaign will be featured on more than 700 digital billboards in over 70 markets across the U.S.
The campaign will also be amplified on social media to share more information about the featured individuals.