The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, invites Mob history and film buffs to celebrate the 25th anniversary of “Casino” by entering the “Once Upon a Time in Vegas” sweepstakes for a chance to win a prize package valued at more than $8,000.
In addition, beginning November 13, a temporary exhibit will be on display at the Museum featuring artifacts, memorabilia and rare photographs from the iconic film. Guests will have the opportunity to see an array of movie props linked to the Tangiers hotel-casino—the fictional stand-in for the real-life Stardust on the Las Vegas Strip–as well as an original movie script donated by Frank Cullotta, never-before-publicized images from the set contributed by former Mob defense attorney and City of Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman and much more.
The aura and popularity of Martin Scorsese’s 1995 cinematic classic “Casino” continues to grow 25 years after its release. Considered one of the greatest Mob movies ever made, its colorful depictions of true events in Las Vegas during the 1970s and ’80s evoke nostalgic memories for those who lived it.
Enter here for a chance to win this one-of-a-kind prize package that will transport one lucky winner and a guest back in time to this unforgettable era.
The “Once Upon a Time In Vegas” package includes:
- A VIP Mob Museum experience
- Two Mob Museum Premier Passes
- Whiskey tasting experience for two at the Museum’s Underground speakeasy and distillery
- A 20-minute virtual meet-and-greet with Academy Award-nominated “Casino”screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi
- A signed copy of “Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas”by Pileggi
- A one-of-a-kind artist rendering of the iconic “Casino”promotional poster by British artist Charlie Tippell.
- Two nights’ stay at the Plaza Hotel & Casino in downtown Las Vegas
- Dinner for two at Oscar’s Steakhouse inside the Plaza Hotel & Casino
Entries accepted until Nov. 12 at 12 p.m. PST. Must be 21 or older to enter. Winner will be responsible for all travel-related expenses. Click here to purchase Museum tickets to explore the temporary “Casino” exhibit.
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the landmark movie, The Mob Museum will also be hosting a sold out event inside the historic courtroom on Nov. 19 titled “The 25th Anniversary of ‘Casino’: Looking Back at the Mob Movie Classic” with Pileggi, Goodman and other special guests who were part of the film. At the intimate event, attendees will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear from the notable individuals on the making of “Casino” and ask any questions they have. Pileggi, will appear virtually, and Goodman will appear in person.
For more information about the Museum, please call (702) 229-2734 or visit themobmuseum.org.