Home to the largest ballroom in downtown Las Vegas, the Plaza Hotel & Casino announced its #MaskOnMeetOn Initiative with various protocols for the return of meetings and events in line with enhanced health and safety guidelines as outlined by federal, state and local health agencies.
“The Plaza offers beautiful, updated convention space and a team of dedicated meeting planners and hospitality professionals to meet the needs of any event,” said Jonathan Jossel, CEO of the Plaza Hotel & Casino. “As Las Vegas welcomes back conventions, we have created our #MaskOnMeetOn plan to provide peace of mind to event organizers and attendees that their health and safety is our priority, and their event can be held safely, comfortably and with the professional expertise they have come to expect at the Plaza.”
In addition to requiring face coverings and social distancing, the Plaza’s #MaskOnMeetOn Initiative outlines various protocols for event planning and execution to help ensure the health and safety of attendees:
- Leveraging Technology – in partnership with its AV provider PSAV, the Plaza will offer customized meeting technologies, including live web streaming of session content; secure hosted website solutions for archiving video content; production studio capabilities; and engaging social media interaction for all attendees, onsite and remotely.
- Event Planning – site inspection and planning meetings can be conducted virtually or in-person (with appropriate social distancing and face coverings) and will outline new safety protocols as well as establish effective queuing and egress/ingress procedures for an event.
- Physical Spaces – the Plaza’s 30,000 sq. ft. of convention space allows for mandatory social distancing and can be transformed into smaller spaces with floor-to-ceiling sound buffering air walls to better separate groups. In addition to three standalone meeting rooms, the 19,000 sq. ft. Sierra Ballroom can be divided into 10 rooms.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting – frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, tables and chairs will be continuously sanitized, and numerous hand sanitizer stations will be available for attendee use.
- Environmental – the air quality automation system in all meeting and conference spaces has been adjusted to provide 100 percent fresh air 24 hours a day to achieve 14-16 air exchanges per hour.
- Arrival – all attendees will check in at a Wellness Check Point for a mandatory temperature screening and to complete a health questionnaire.
- Food & Beverage – individually rolled flatware will be provided for meal service; individual water bottles will be provided instead of water stations; and no shared items will be set.
For more details on the Plaza’s #MaskOnMeetingOn Initiative visit: https://www.plazahotelcasino.com/meet/meetings-conventions/.