Far East Fremont’s beloved community gathering spot Fergusons Downtown is adding another shop to its roster. The Market Shop is celebrating its grand opening at the downtown destination on Saturday, September 26.
Owned and operated by the Fergusons Downtown team, The Market Shop will feature a rotating selection of goods from more than 30 local makers and creatives. From home décor to health and wellness, art to accessories, and kids to snacks, The Market Shop’s unique, often limited-run items will not only support Fergusons Downtown but micro businesses and those creators from all over the valley. Kicking off the opening, guests will be able to shop products from This is Brennan, Braxton Wirthlin, Eden Body Care, Dog & Whistle, and Sierra Nicole Skincare.
The concept was born out of the now-on-hold Market in the Alley, which Fergusons Downtown started more than three years ago. Prior to the shutdown, Market in the Alley’s two-day monthly event garnered community crowds of more than 2,500 people and often featured more than 60 vendors. Not only was this incredible for the Far East neighborhood, but Las Vegas’ creative community and Market vendors as well.
“Market in the Alley was founded on the belief that creators and innovators are the heartbeat of our city,” said Ashley Ayala, Market in the Alley Curator. “The shop concept came from our team’s efforts to keep creative small business at the center of our community, making it accessible for those who enjoyed our monthly Market to find those same locally designed and made goods all the time.”
The Market Shop joins other Fergusons Downtown locally owned shops, and food and beverage outlets including:
- ALL FOR OUR COUNTRY – A nod to Nevada’s state motto, All For Our Country by OneFortyThree, features a rotating selection of handmade signature pieces – including its plywood molded furniture, lamps and home accessories – as well as handmade products from other makers including bags, wallets and jewelry. Open Wednesdays through Sundays from 11am-5pm.
- CARRIE LYNN’S PLANTS – The creators of the beloved Plant Swappers are bringing a new brand and brick and mortar to life. Carrie Lynn’s, a boutique plant experience, will offer plant services – including styling and maintenance for commercial and home clients – as well as a thoughtful and sustainable product line featuring plants, pots, home décor and more. Open Wednesdays through Sundays from 11am-5pm.
- FUTURE MAKERS – With the mission of creating equal access to engaging and conscious education for the future of Las Vegas, Future Makers offers community-based workshops, classes and events focused on art, wellness, STEAM and young entrepreneurs programming for children of all ages. Currently closed under shutdown regulations.
- HATSUMI –A Japanese concept by Chef Dan Krohmer, featuring robata izakaya dining and extensive cocktail menu that boasts the largest sake program downtown. Currently closed for restructuring.
- LA MONJA – Featuring coastal seafood ceviches, handmade masa, Nixtmal corn tortillas, and an array of agave-heavy spirits and cocktails, this new Mexican concept by Chef Dan Krohmer offers a delightfully tacky approach to its ambiance reminiscent of a scene from Quentin Tarantino’s From Dusk Till Dawn. Currently closed for restructuring.
- MIKE’S RECOVERY –A retail and market space, Mike’s Recovery provides an overall experience meant to stimulate all the senses with the brand’s handmade body and bath products that aid in athletic recovery and performance with unique blends of quality, high-concentrate essential oils. Open Wednesdays through Sundays from 11am-5pm.
- MOTHERSHIP COFFEE ROASTERS – This local coffee shop offers ethically sourced coffee, house made pastries and bites, as well as a cattail cocktail program made from beer and wine. It’s the neighborhood’s go-to for that morning jolt, a beer cattail at the end of the day and everything in between. Open daily from 9am-4pm.
- MYRON HENSEL – A photographer and an old-timey camera producing tintype photographs is what you’ll find in Myron Hensel’s studio. Focused on one of the earliest forms of photography, Myron captures and creates moments that will literally last a lifetime. Open Wednesdays through Sundays from 11am-5pm.
- NEON CACTUS VINTAGE – This ethically sourced and body-positive vintage shop will offer the highest quality vintage goods as well as handmade stained-glass jewelry. Specializing in all-inclusive clothing, Neon Cactus’ product line is bold, colorful and meant to make a statement and seeks to be an outlet for sustainable, diverse and fun fashion. Open Wednesdays through Sundays from 11am-5pm.
- THE NOISE PROJECT – An education-driven salon, The Noise Project focuses on the entire skull, creating a safe, inclusive and custom experience for every guest. The new Far East Fremont salon brings mental awareness and compassion into everything they do, from stylists to guests and special events to everyday services. Open by appointment only.
- THE TINY BLOOM – From fresh florals, everyday arrangements, and more, The Tiny Bloom is downtown’s neighborhood flower shop. Offering blooms that are hand-selected, fresh, vivid and long-lasting, the flower shop sources the best buds from trusted farms and vendors to create custom designs and arrangements perfect for every day or special occasions. Open Wednesdays through Sundays from 11am-5pm.
Located at The Yard at Fergusons Downtown, The Market Shop will be open daily from 9am to 5pm. In addition to being available in the shop, products will also be able online at marketinthealley.com.