CEO and developer Derek Stevens joined the team from McCarthy Building Companies Inc. to top out the hotel tower for his newest Downtown Las Vegas property, Circa Resort & Casino.
Circa will be the first ground-up casino-resort project in the area since 1980, and it was announced this week that its first five floors will open ahead of schedule on October 28, 2020, with the hotel tower debuting a few weeks later.
“After almost five years of hard work and planning, I’m proud to mark this significant milestone in Circa’s history,” said Stevens. “We are appreciative to our partners from McCarthy Building Companies who took on this incredible endeavor, and we cannot wait to open our doors so everyone can experience the end result.”
During the ceremony, Stevens signed the final beam, which was then raised to the top of the 458 ft. hotel tower. The beam was adorned with the traditional flag and evergreen tree, marking the end of a major construction phase for the 1.25-million-square-foot Circa.
Slated for completion at the end of 2020, the tower will house Circa’s 777 rooms and suites starting on the eighth floor. Room reservations will go live June 24.
Located on the world-famous Fremont Street Experience (FSE), Circa will offer guests the following amenities on October 28:
- World’s Largest Sportsbook – Circa’s three-story, stadium-style sportsbook will boast a 78-million-pixel high-definition screen – viewable throughout its two-story casino with a capacity to host up to 1,000 guests. Operated by Stevens’ sports betting venture Circa Sports, the third floor will have a dedicated broadcast studio for Vegas Stats and Information Network (VSiN).
- Pool Amphitheater – Operating 365 days a year, Circa’s pool amphitheater will become an outdoor destination for sports watching, events and parties. Guests can catch the biggest games and televised events broadcast on a 14-million-pixel screen presiding over Circa’s six temperature-controlled pools and two spas.
- Original Restaurants – Circa will house several exciting original restaurant concepts, including delicatessen fare at Saginaw’s Delicatessen from legendary restaurateur Paul Saginaw; premium steaks and seafood at Barry’s Downtown Prime from Chef Barry S. Dakake; Carolina barbecue at Project BBQ; and all-star menus at Victory Burger & Wings Co. from the founding family of American Coney Island.
- Two-Story Casino – Circa’s two-story casino will feature 1,350 slot machines and 49 table games.
- Vegas Vickie – Las Vegas’ beloved neon kicking cowgirl, Vegas Vickie, will make her return to Downtown Las Vegas as a must-see feature in the resort’s lobby. Vickie first appeared on the dazzling Downtown landscape in 1980, and after a much-needed makeover, she is ready for her grand return to Fremont Street.
- Garage Mahal – The first fully integrated ride-share hub conceived for a new gaming resort, Garage Mahal’s high-tech design and thoughtful features will make it the most convenient parking and transportation venue in the city. Clean and well-lit with an emphasis on service and safety, Garage Mahal will contain stunning art installations; a seamless Uber and Lyft experience; a quick in-and-out format for drivers; and an air-conditioned bridge connector to the resort.
Paying homage to Las Vegas’ vibrant history, Circa will be a modern casino experience founded on the original principles of old-school hospitality. Fusing the glamour of vintage Vegas with modern luxuries and cutting-edge technology, guests can expect top-notch entertainment while enjoying honest, attentive and friendly service.
To learn more, visit circalasvegas.com.