After a very successful first week of curbside service, Executive Chef/Partner Gina Marinelli has announced exciting updates for the second week, including a change of days in service and new menu. Effective immediately, hours of curbside only operation will be Wed-Sat, 2-7 pm. Orders will still be taken over the phone at (702) 722-2099, with prepay option. For safety reasons, no cash is accepted at pick up.
For the second week menu, Chef Gina has announced some fun and delicious offerings including the Rod Marinelli salad (arugula, salami, mozzarella, red wine vinaigrette) named in honor of the Las Vegas Raiders Defensive Line Coach (also known to Chef Gina as “Dad”): Crispy Calamari with shrimp & caper aioli; Bucatini Genovese (dandelion pesto, haricot verts, potatoes); a Fisherman’s Stew (mixed seafood in lobster brodo); and a Truffle Bianco pizza (bechamel, smoked mozzarella, arugula). For dessert, Chef has a decadent chocolate bomba.
This week’s family meal features Chicken Milanese with Tuscan potatoes, stewed beans, market greens, the meat & cheese board, salad and a basil panna cotta, serves four ($65). Full menu is attached.
On the beverage side, GM/Sommelier Stephanie Torres is offering a special Aperol Spritz kit including full bottles of Aperol and Prosecco, enough to make 6-8 drinks, with some fun Aperol swag to make things festive ($55). Wine & beer from the La Strega cellars as well as some imported waters and Italian sodas are also offered in sealed bottles.
“We had an amazing reaction in our first week doing curbside, and we are responding by adding a wider variety of selections this week, as well as shifting to serve Saturday night,” said Chef Marinelli. “We are thrilled that we can offer some of our favorite recipes for our neighbors to enjoy safely at home during these challenging times.”
Of primary importance in this quarantine service is ensuring sanitary and safe conditions for patrons. To this end, the La Strega team has adopted a strenuous multi-point checklist of practices that meet & exceed all SNHD requirements including:
- All premises have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District standards and CDC guidelines.
- All goods received and stored also undergo thorough sanitation procedures.
- All employees and management hold SNHD certification, and are observing social distancing practices.
- Employees change into fresh uniforms & shoes before starting their shifts & wash hands for at least 20 seconds at a minimum every 15 minutes–between every guest exchange for all food prep.
- When handling food or beverage, all employees wear single use gloves; changing them after each guest interaction.
- All food & beverage for delivery is tamper-proof sealed & delivered to customers from a distance.
- Credit card transactions are handled in the most sanitary way possible.
- Increased frequency of sanitizing all workstations using single use sanitary towels. No one but certified employees are allowed in the work areas during service.
- No employee, regardless of symptoms or diagnosis is allowed to work if feeling ill.
La Strega plans to return to regular service and hours at such time as authorities determine it is safe to do so.
La Strega 3555 S Town Center Dr Ste 105, Las Vegas, NV 89135