The owners of StoryBook Homes, Wayne and Catherine Laska, are donating $50,000 to the Nevada COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund to help the State of Nevada respond to the COVID-19 outbreak. The Laskas are also challenging individuals who work in the home-building industry to join them in this important effort.
In addition to their own $50,000 donation, the Laskas will match donations from other members of the Southern Nevada Home Builders Association, up to $50,000, for a total contribution of $100,000.
“We are asking the Southern Nevada home building community to join with us,” said Wayne Laska, Owner, StoryBook Homes. “We know that many in our industry can reach into their pockets and donate in support of our state, our neighbors, friends, and families. Governor Steve Sisolak has been supportive of our industry, and in turn, homebuilders should support the task force leading the state’s relief and recovery efforts,” said Laska.
The Nevada COVID-19 Response, Relief and Recovery Task Force, a public-private partnership overseen by Governor Steve Sisolak, will manage the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund. The fund, headed by former MGM CEO Jim Murren, will assist response, relief and recovery efforts, including:
- Grants and payments to support the State of Nevada and its political subdivisions in responding to COVID-19
- Provide assistance and supplies to first responders and healthcare providers (individuals and institutions)
- Aid Nevada nonprofits in addressing and recovering from the COVID-19 emergency
- Assist Nevada residents impacted by COVID-19; especially those vulnerable because of health, economic or other circumstances
- To take such actions and make payments as Nevada Community Foundation and the Governor’s Task Force determine appropriate in responding to COVID-19
Anyone can donate to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund at https://www.nevadacf.org/donate-now/ The Laskas will match those donations (up to a total of $50,000) from members of the Southern Nevada Home Builders Association (SNHBA).
Locally owned and operated, StoryBook Homes is one of Southern Nevada’s largest family-owned construction companies. Over the past three decades, StoryBook Homes has helped thousands of families find the quality home of their dreams. StoryBook Homes is also committed to building stronger communities through its philanthropic contributions to local charities, including Spread the Word Nevada, Cure 4 The Kids Foundation, and Make-a-Wish Foundation of Southern Nevada.