The Neon Museum will welcome its 1 millionth visitor, who will be presented with a “Neon Museum 1,000,000” neon sign, custom-created by Hartlauer Signs for the occasion.
The lucky visitor will also receive one night of accommodations at Wynn Las Vegas, along with dinner for two at Wazuzu and a commemorative gift box filled with merchandise from The Neon Museum store featuring some of its most iconic signs, such as the Ugly Duckling, Flamingo, Binion’s Horseshoe and Moulin Rouge.
NEON MUSEUM TIMELINE:
1997 – The Neon Museum becomes a non-profit 501(c)3 organization
2002 – Separated from the City of Las Vegas
2006 – La Concha lobby moves to the museum site
2008 – La Concha lobby reconstructed
2011 – Neon Boneyard Park constructed
2012 – October 27: La Concha Motel Lobby rehabilitation and Neon Museum Visitor Center grand opening. Featured three restored signs – H-wall, La Concha and Sahara “R”
2013 – Installed ground lighting and began offering night tours.
2014 – North Gallery opens for events, photo shoots, and educational programs.
2015 – First conservation effort which was a crowdfunding campaign to repaint the Desert Rose sign. First Artist in Residence program offered.
2016 – Opening of Ne10 – home of the Neon Museum’s administrative offices. Partnership with MRG and opening of larger retail space on the Neon Museum campus.
2017 – Purchase of property next to La Concha (formerly known as the L.A. Street Market); razed to make room for additional sign storage. Began crowdfunding for Hard Rock Café guitar restoration. First Boneyard Ball honoring Jan Jones Blackhurst.
2018 – Launch of Brilliant! in the North Gallery. Since launch nearly 100,000 visitors have seen it.
2019 – Hard Rock Café guitar installed in Boneyard. Third Boneyard Ball honoring Tim Burton.
- To date the museum has hosted:
- 10 Artist in Residence programs
- Six Scholar in Residence programs
- 45 Junior Interpreter Tours
- 16 lectures/panel discussions
- 19 working signs (17 of which are restored) and nine restored signs installed as public art.
- Total number of artifacts: 2,066
- Number of memberships: 1,000
- Visitors Fiscal Year 2013 (first year of operation): 38,561
- Visitors Fiscal Year 2019: 253,416
- More than 1 million Facebook followers—that’s twice as many as the Los Angeles Contemporary Museum of Art (LACMA) and Getty Center have.
Tuesday, Nov. 26
The Neon Museum
700 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, NV 89101