Following an incredible dinner at the James Beard House in New York City earlier this month, Vegans, Baby will bring the Vegas Vegan dinner to Las Vegas. The culinary event for vegans and non-vegans alike will be hosted at CATCH inside Aria Resort & Casino on Wednesday, August 21, and will feature the same five celebrated chefs and five extravagant dishes and wine pairings for an innovative plant-based experience (Pictured: Chef Oscar’s dish: Arroz Meloso con Setas Bomba Rice with Morel and Chanterelle Mushrooms and Australian Black Truffle)
The evening will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a reception featuring passed appetizers and champagne, followed by a five-course dinner, presented by Las Vegas chefs Andrew Carroll of CATCH Las Vegas, Brian Howard of Sparrow + Wolf, Oscar Amador of EDO Gastro Tapas & Wine, Vincent Pellerin of Partage and Yuri Szarzewski of Eatt Gourmet Bistro.
The menu will feature:
- Chilled Sweet Pea, Spinach, and Mint Soup with Basil-Mint Foam and Fresh Strawberries paired with Albert Bichot Les Vaillons Premier Cru Chablis NV – Chef Yuri Szarzewski, Eatt Gourmet Bistro
- Sake-Compressed Watermelon with Ginger-Wasabi Sorbet, Sea Beans, Yuzu Soy, and Heirloom Tomatoes paired with Sōtō Super Premium Junmai Daiginjo Sake NV – Chef Andrew Carroll, CATCH
- Marinated White Asparagus and Salsify with Warm Cashew Chutney and Muhammara paired with Ciù Ciù Merlettaie Offida Pecorino DOC NV – Chef Brian Howard, Sparrow + Wolf
- Arroz Meloso con Setas Bomba Rice with Morel and Chanterelle Mushrooms and Australian Black Truffle paired with Raul Perez Ultreia St. Jacques Mencía 2016 – Chef Oscar Amador, EDO Gastro Tapas & Wine
- Chocolate Sphere with Coconut Mousse and Candied Pineapple paired with Albert Bichot Crémant de Bourgogne Brut Réserve NV – Chef Vincent Pellerin, Partage
“Following the success of the July dinner, I wanted to showcase these talented chefs and gorgeous dishes to the people of Las Vegas so they can experience what those in New York City at James Beard Foundation could,” said Vegans, Baby Founder Diana Edelman.
Tickets are $140 (including sales tax and gratuity) and can be purchased on Eventbrite. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Hearts Alive Village Las Vegas, a non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating homeless dogs and cats.