Grant a Gift Autism Foundation will host its 10th Annual Race for Hope, presented by Subway, which includes an un-timed 5K run/walk and half mile Kidz Run for children 10 years of age and under. The race will be led by the local motorcycle group Rollin’ Bonz.
Highlights of the day:
- Each registered participant receives a 10th Anniversary finishers medal.
- A Resource Fair, where participants can learn about businesses and organizations supporting individuals with autism.
- Microsoft will be on-site to connect individuals to employment through its Autism Hiring Program and demo technology that helps those with autism communicate.
- Tiny Spirits, a nonprofit that provides equine assisted activities with registered miniature therapy horses.
- Food trucks including Anderson Dairy, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and Kona Ice will be at the event.
- Sport-Social, an interactive learning facility for those with autism and other disabilities, will provide activities to support the development of behavioral and social learning programs offered at their campus.
- LUGVegas, a local group of LEGO enthusiasts, will provide an interactive build area allowing participants to make their own creations and put them on display for others to see.
- Awards ceremony featuring top teams and fundraisers.
WHEN: Saturday, April 27 from 7 to 10 a.m.
WHERE: UNLV – Starting line will be on Student Union Plaza next to Alumni Amphitheater
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89154
COST/REGISTER: Fees for those who register by Tuesday, April 23 are: $35 for 5K Registration (ages 14 and up); $15 for 5K Youth Registration (ages 6 to 14, children 6 and under are free); $10 for Kidz Run Registration (children ages 10 and under). Registration may be completed after April 23 for an increased fee. For more information or to register, visit https://give.classy.org/