Golden Nugget Las Vegas Hotel and Casino proudly presents the 12th annual Grand Poker Series May 28 – July 8, 2019, hosted in the Grand Event Center with more than 90 poker tournaments spread across 42 days ranging in both buy-in amounts and poker disciplines.
Of the 90-plus events on the schedule, 21 are in forms other than No Limit Hold’Em, including stand-alone Omaha 8 or Better, Pot Limit Omaha, Stud, Short Deck and Big-O events, along with mixed game formats including Razz, Stud, Stud 8 or Better, Pot Limit Omaha, Omaha 8 or Better, 2-7 Triple Draw and Big-O.
“We’re excited to usher in the 12th anniversary of the Grand Poker Series at Golden Nugget,” said Andy Rich, Golden Nugget Las Vegas Director of Poker Operations. “From affordable buy-ins, and mixed events to daily prize pool guarantees that total over three million dollars, this year is shaping up to be our biggest to date.Also, free parking if you get here before the lot is full!”
Buy-ins range from $100 to $1,000, and most days, feature three events – at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 7 p.m.
Offerings at the Grand Poker Series include a daily $25K guarantee No Limit Hold’Em Event almost every day at 1 p.m. in June with a $150 buy-in, a $120 buy-in event at 7 p.m. each night, a $300K Guarantee Prize Pool 9 Flight $200 buy-in Event on May 30 through June1, a $250K Guarantee Prize Pool 9 Flight “Ultimate Re-Entry” $200 buy-in Event on June 6 through 8, June 20 through 22, and again on July 4 through July 6 and a $600K Guarantee Prize Pool 3 Flight $600 buy-in Championship Event starting on June 27, as well as multiple Seniors Events during “Seniors Week,” featuring a $1K buy-in Seniors High Roller Event on June 15, presented by The Elder Statesman of Poker, Oklahoma Johnny Hale.
Players in the Grand Poker Series can also take advantage of a special hotel room rate. To book a reservation call (800) 634-3454 and mention code: POKER19
- $25K Guarantee Prize Pool $150 buy-in Event at 1 p.m. almost every day in June.
- $300K Guarantee Prize Pool 9 Flight $200 buy-in Event on May 30 through June 1. Last years $150K Guarantee on opening weekend drew a record setting field of 2,516 entrants, creating a prize pool of over $276K, with the winner taking home more than $20,000 after a deal was reached at the final table.
- $250K Guarantee Prize Pool 9 Flight “Ultimate Re-Entry” $200 buy-in Events on June 6 through 8, June 20 through 22, and again on July 4 through July 6. In 2018, the two Ultimate Re-Entry events drew an average of 2,781 entrants creating average prize pools of over $400K for each of the events. One of the event winners took home over $90,000.
- Bar Poker Open returning June 10 through June 13.
- Five Seniors Events during Seniors Week, including a $1K High Roller on Saturday, June 15
- $100K Guarantee Prize Pool $250 buy-in Seniors Event at 10 a.m. June 15
- $100K Guarantee Prize Pool $400 buy-in Seniors Championship Event at 10 a.m. June 16
- Multitude of Mixed Game Tournaments at 10a.m. or 11 a.m. with buy-ins ranging from $250 to $570
- $600K Guarantee Prize Pool 3 Flight $600 buy-in Championship Event June 27 through June 30. Last year’s event drew 1,577 players creating a prize pool of over $788K. The winner took home over $132,000.
- $5K Guarantee Prize Pool $120 buy-in Event Nightly at 7 p.m. in June
- Special Room Rate for poker players… $29 weekday/$59 weekend. (Plus resort fee) For booking call 800.634.3454 and mention code: POKER19