Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters invites Southern Nevada families to experience “Give it a Whirl!” The one-day-only event is free and open to boys and girls of all ages.
Created in conjunction with Whirly-Girls International, the event’s mission is to inspire children to become part of the future of the helicopter industry by providing creative and innovative educational opportunities, including helicopter rides, meet and greets with pilots, aircraft displays, games and much more.
The first 200 children will receive a Whirly-Girls-branded backpack which they can fill with prizes from free activities throughout the event.
On that day, children will have the opportunity to:
- Experience a 5-minute flight out of Boulder City, Nevada courtesy of Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters. Children must be at least 48 inches in height and pre-register by Nov. 1. The first 100 registrants will be accepted. Due to limited space, only registered children will be allowed to ride in the helicopters. Interested families can learn more and sign up at www.whirlygirls.org/give-it-a-
- Snap photos in a photo booth that will be set up in the cockpit of Papillon’s Golden Helicopter, also known as “Copter 50” in commemoration of the company’s 50th anniversary.
- Make crafts that demonstrate basic flight principals
- Tour Papillon’s maintenance facility and onsite tower to see different aspects of a commercial helicopter operation.
- Play with 3D helicopter puzzles and learn how all the parts fit together to make it work.
- Meet flight instructors from Southern Utah University’s Aviation Sciences Department.
Saturday, Nov. 3
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Papillon’s Boulder City Aerocenter
1265 Airport Rd.
Boulder City, NV 89005
Free parking will be available in the dirt parking lot across from Papillon’s Main Terminal. Check-in for the event will be at the front gate leading to helicopter ramp.