South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa unveiled a $40 million remodel plan to its guest rooms throughout the property’s three towers, which includes 2,049 rooms and 84 suites featuring new furniture, luxury flooring, crown molding, mini refrigerator and bathroom upgrades (Photo credit: Jim Decker & DK Productions, Inc.)
The first phase of the redesign, which will begin in April of 2018, will be completed by September 2018, with 100 rooms currently on sale for reservations beginning in May 2018 at the South Point Hotel website.
Photo credit: Jim Decker & DK Productions, Inc.
The three-year project will refurbish one hotel tower each year and is scheduled to be completed by September 2020. By the end of 2018, more than 630 newly designed rooms will be available for guests for a $10 upgraded room fee. The rooms feature a variety of upgrades to reflect an elegant and modern design with new amenities – creating a customer experience that stays true to the property’s methodology. The guest rooms offer a refreshed look with new Bernhardt furniture, such as beds, dressers, night stands, chairs, sitting tables, and lounge chairs with an ottoman. In addition, the guest rooms offer lamps with power and USB ports, functional desks for business executives and a new color palette.
“We live in a city that is continuously evolving and we are always looking for opportunities to improve our guests’ experiences to set us apart from other properties,” said Ryan Growney, General Manager of South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa. “The last five years have consisted of a lot of exciting development projects that we strongly believe create a unique experience that only we can offer, and we are excited to unveil our new room upgrades, which we believe our guests will really enjoy.”
Over the past five years, South Point Hotel continues to invest in new experiences to showcase its commitment to its guests as well as the evolving landscape of Las Vegas. Additional property-wide improvements include:
- Costa del Sur Spa and Salon received more than $500,000 upgrades featuring updated treatment stations, new services, five pedicure stations, five hair stations, three new manicure stations, and a new make-up station accompanied by a lavish state-of-the-art color bar.
- Building a multi-million-dollar, state-of-the-art professional bowling tournament plaza in partnership with the United States Bowling Congress.
- Priefert Pavilion, a multi-million-dollar arena expansion project that features two new climate-controlled indoor equestrian arenas, which added an additional 100,000 square-feet of competition space to the already existing South Point Arena and Equestrian Center.
- Opened the Zenshin Asian Restaurant, a contemporary Asian cuisine destination and is led by Chef Terence Fong.
- The casino floor, conference and restaurants including Baja Miguel’s, Don Vito’s, Primarily Prime Rib and Silverado Steak House received new carpet.
- The Conference Center received a new Foyer furniture.
- New slot chairs throughout the casino floor.
- New digital display boards in the hotel’s Showroom, Sports Book, Race Book and Arena and Equestrian Center.
- The walkway to the South Point Arena, Exhibit Hall and Bowling Tournament Plaza was refurbished with a new moving walkway.
- Located next to the Sports Book, the property built a cutting-edge sports broadcasting studio for Vegas Stats and Information Network (VSiN), the first multi-channel network dedicated to sports gambling information and home to sports broadcasting icon Brent Musburger.
- The Grandview Lounge unveiled a new look with vibes of an old Las Vegas lounge or cabaret with upgraded technology and lighting systems.
For more information or reservations, please visit South Point Hotel’s website.