Rodeo fans will be able to get up close and personal with their favorite Wrangler National Finals Rodeo contestants at a series of autograph sessions beginning on Friday, Dec. 8 (Pictured: Wright Brothers sign autographs at Cowboy Christmas – Photo credit: Steve Spatafore).
All sessions, which feature the contestants representing the seven rodeo events, begin at noon and last until 2 p.m. and are free and open to rodeo fans.
Now entering its 33rd year in Las Vegas, the Wrangler NFR kicks off on Dec. 7 and runs for ten consecutive days. The event features the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing and bull riding.
The autograph session schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Dec. 8 – Barrel Racers at the Golden Nugget (The Grand Event Center)
- Saturday, Dec. 9 – Tie-Down Ropers at the MGM Grand (Main Lobby)
- Monday, Dec. 11 – Team Ropers at Cowboy Christmas (Rodeo Way)
- Tuesday, Dec. 12 – Steer Wrestlers at Cowboy Christmas (Rodeo Way)
- Wednesday, Dec. 13 – Bull Riders at Treasure Island (Gilley’s Saloon)
- Thursday, Dec. 14 – Bareback Riders at New York-New York
- Friday, Dec. 15 – Saddle Bronc Riders at Harrah’s (Toby Keith’s I Love this Bar & Grill)
Sold out for more than 300 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR is held every December at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Under the contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2017 is $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2017 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy Christmas, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.