Once again this year, the elegant white wave of dinner guests will invade one of the most prestigious public locations of the city. Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Las Vegas, on Sunday, October 8th. For this second edition, revelers will once again convene at a new and secret location for the one-night-only event (Photo credit: Tony Tran Photography).
Last year’s inaugural très chic picnic attracted more than 1,000 cultural enthusiasts for a memorable evening at the Park Vegas.
This annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic,as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
Launched in Paris nearly 30 years ago, the original essence of Le Dîner en Blanc remains: friendship, elegance and gallantry. Now, more than 100,000 revelers around the world give this international event an exciting platform for participants to exhibit their fashion sense, showcase their fine taste for design and elegance and share their gastronomic delights.
To maintain the uniqueness of Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Registration to participate happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website: lasvegas.dinerenblanc.com/register.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. As per Clark County alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit lasvegas.dinerenblanc.com.