Rockhouse Las Vegas, the “ultra-dive bar” inside the Venetian, is celebrating their tenth anniversary in Las Vegas, and they want guests to join in the celebration by hitting the stage for live-band karaoke, Thursday nights from 9 p.m. – midnight.
And because even rock stars need help picking a song sometimes, Rockhouse reached out to some local celebs, immortalized on their Las Vegas Icon Wall, who know a thing or two about celebrating a decade in Las Vegas.
Want to mimic Terry Fator’s go-to karaoke jams? Pretend you’re TJ Lavin singing U2? And would you be brave enough to sing “The Star Spangled Banner” on karaoke night like one prominent local?
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Terry Fator – “Shameless” by Garth Brooks; “Fly me to the Moon;” “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- Absinthe’s The Gazillionaire – “Mo Money Mo Problems” by The Notorious B.I.G.
- Oscar Goodman – “Home Means Nevada;” “The Star Spangled Banner;” “My Way;” “Viva Las Vegas”
- J. Lavin – “With or Without You” by U2
- Frank Mir – “Ain’t No Grave” by Johnny Cash
- Wayne Newton – “Viva Las Vegas;” “Johnny B. Goode;” and (of course) “Danke Schoen”
In true rock star fashion, Rockhouse Owner and President of Fine Entertainment Management, Jonathan Fine, proposed to his now-wife at Rockhouse’s karaoke night, so you never know what may happen. Don’t believe us? Check it out:
Engagement at Rockhouse
Rockhouse knows that not everyone happens to be a natural born rock star, but that doesn’t keep former professional BMX rider and TV personality T.J. Lavin from having a good time.
“I don’t sing, but I’ll rap the hell out of any 80s track,” said Lavin. “U2’s ‘With or Without You’ is a classic that I have to play whenever we go to karaoke with my boy Kenan Harkin.”
Try warming up – or finding some liquid courage – with one of Rockhouse’s drink specials; in any given month, guests can enjoy $2 domestic drafts and well drinks, $1 off featured draft beers, and $25 buckets of five bottles including of rotating select domestic and imported craft beers.