Racing returns to The Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway after a seven-week break with Saturday’s Keith Danser Kids Candy Toss Presented by Whelen Engineering (Photo credit: Jeff Speer).
Short-track fans will be treated to a full night of 10 races, raffle prizes, a pre-race autograph session on the track and free candy for children in attendance. Twin NASCAR Bombers 25-lap features will bookend the evening’s racing schedule, which will also include action in the NASCAR Super Late Model, Super Stock and Grand American Modified divisions, as well as USLCI Thunder Cars, Legends and Bandoleros classes.
Points leaders Justin Johnson (NASCAR Super Late Models), Don Sargent (NASCAR Super Stocks), Sam Jacks (NASCAR Bombers), Vinny Raucci Jr. (NASCAR Grand American Modifieds), Cameron Morga (USLCI Legends-Pro), Michael Todd Glazier (USLCI Legends-Masters), Brian Williams (USLCI Legends-Semi-Pro), Dezel West (USLCI Legends-Young Lions), Travis Boyle (USLCI Thunder Cars), Camden Larsen (USLCI Bandolero Outlaws), R.J. Smotherman (USLCI Bandolero Bandits) and Robert Smotherman (Skid plate cars) will compete at the 3/8-mile paved oval.
This Saturday’s event is the third-to-last race of The Bullring’s 2016 regular season, so points are crucial in the battle for track championships. Gates open for spectators at 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Saturday, the autograph session runs from 5:50-6:45 p.m., opening ceremonies are set for 7 p.m. and racing follows immediately.
The Bullring’s free-ticket offer for children who accompany paid adults is being extended to ages 12 and under to help celebrate the special night, and fans can call 702.644.4444 or go to LVMS.com to order tickets. One of the most affordable entertainment options in Las Vegas, the Bullring’s annual series features family friendly concession prices that include $2 hot dogs and Coca-Cola products and $3 Budweiser beer.
Keith Danser Kids Candy Toss Presented by Whelen Engineering, Saturday, Aug. 27
5 p.m.–Spectator gates open
- NASCAR Bombers group qualifying (3 laps)
- NASCAR Super Stocks group qualifying (3 laps)
- USLCI Legends group qualifying (3 laps)
- NASCAR Grand American Modifieds single-car qualifying (2 laps)
- NASCAR Super Late Models single-car qualifying (2 laps)
5:50-6:45 p.m.–On-track autograph session
6:50 p.m.–Opening Ceremonies/National Anthem
- NASCAR Bombers feature No. 1 – 25 laps (25 minutes)
- USLCI Thunder Cars feature – 20 Laps (20 minutes)
- USLCI Bandolero Outlaws feature – 15 laps (15 minutes)
- USLCI Bandolero Bandits feature – 15 laps (15 minutes)
- NASCAR Grand American Modifieds feature – 25 laps (20 minutes)
- NASCAR Super Stocks feature – 30 laps (25 minutes)
- USLCI Legends feature – 25 laps (25 minutes)
- NASCAR Super Late Models feature – 40 laps (35 minutes)
- Skid plate cars feature – 12 laps (15 minutes)
- NASCAR Bombers feature No. 2 – 25 laps (25 minutes)