Mtn Dew Kickstart and The LINQ Hotel & Casino are teaming up for the Mtn Dew Kickstart Poolside PreGame, a one-of-a-kind, seven-weekend summer pool party series in Las Vegas featuring live musical performances, guest appearances and unique poolside services and beverages to kick start the night.
The afternoon-into-early-evening series kicked off this past weekend at The Pool at The LINQ, giving guests the opportunity to pre-game poolside. Additional dates include June 4, June 25, July 3, July 30, Aug. 20 and Sept. 3.
The pool party series builds upon the Mountain Dew “It All Starts with a Kick” campaign, which is born from the belief that every epic adventure (and in this case, Las Vegas night) should have an equally epic beginning. Designed with millennials in mind, pool-goers will be able to enjoy video games while relaxing in massage chairs, try one of the newest flavors of Mtn Dew Kickstart at the 32-seat bar and more. Additionally, the series will bring in six guest appearances from some of the hottest names in action sports and up-and-coming Green Label Sound hip-hop artist Kelechi, who just dropped his debut album on May 6.
- Theotis Beasley (June 4) With a career built on a solid collection of video parts, Beasley started as a member of the Mountain Dew Amateur Skate program in 2010 and quickly turned pro in June 2011. More recently, the LA native was the lead in Network A “Street Dreams” show.
- Micky Papa (June 4) Vancouver native, pro skateboarder Papa recently moved to LA to pursue his skateboarding dreams. Papa battled all of 2015 on the Damn Am contest circuit, and skated in his first pro contest this year at Tampa Pro and finished 5th, which gives him a spot on the 2016 SLS Pro Tour.
- Kelechi (July 30) Winner of Green Label Sound: Open Call, Kelechi is a 24-year-old rapper, singer and producer who blends the percussion and melodies of his parents’ homeland Nigeria with the hard-hitting drums and harmonies of Atlanta’s fundamental rap sound. Kelechi dropped out of college to pursue his dream of music full time, attempting to have his real life reflect the dedication of his lyrics. His first single released without a stage name, “WANT,” gained the attention of Mountain Dew’s music imprint, Green Label Sound. After the notable release of his debut project ‘The Loose Change(s) EP,’ Kelechi is making waves with his debut full-length album, ‘Before the Quarter,” released May 6.
- Sean Malto (August 20) Malto, known for his precision and imagination, is an experienced DEW pro skateboarder from Kansas City with a long list of successes including a 2nd place finish at Street League in Brazil, 2013, 3rd place finish at Street League in Ontario, 2012, and 2nd place at the Tampa Pro Street in 2012.
- Trevor Colden (August 20) Colden, from Virginia Beach, is the newest DEW pro skateboarder with fearless style and creativity. Making his skating look effortless, Colden won his first-ever Dew Cup after skating a perfect run at the 2014 Brooklyn Dew Tour Skate Streetstyle event.
- D-trix (TBD) Professional dancer and YouTube influencer from Sacramento, Calif., D-trix, made waves on hit shows So You Think You Can Dance and America’s Best Dance Crew for his b-boy style. His YouTube channels theDOMINICshow & Randominicsshow have more than 3.5 million subscribers, making him the most subscribed dance/comedian on YouTube.
The Pool at The LINQ provides a cooling escape with spectacular views of the High Roller observation wheel and the LINQ Promenade. This center-Strip destination features two pools, a robust center bar lined with four flat-screen televisions and full of signature cocktails, draught beer, frozen drinks and poolside dining options. The main pool boasts a wet deck with lily pad daybeds available for rent, while the second pool is accessed from a standalone elevated deck. The Pool at The LINQ’s REQ Room is an indoor air-conditioned space featuring five flat screen TVs, two pool tables, a foosball table, shuffleboard as well as an outdoor elevated deck overlooking the LINQ Promenade offering additional outdoor sectional seating, beer pong tables and corn hole.
Mtn Dew Kickstart launched in 2013 and has been dubbed one of PepsiCo’s most successful beverage product launches in the past decade, generating annual retail sales of more than $400 million. The low-calorie beverage is available in ten flavors – Orange Citrus, Fruit Punch, Black Cherry, Limeade, Pineapple Orange Mango, Strawberry Kiwi, Midnight Grape, Watermelon, Blueberry Pomegranate and Blood Orange.