First Friday Foundation features “Art through the Ages” for the May 6 First Friday event, including a Farmer’s Market curated by the Intuitive Forager (Pictured: Artist Anya Peterson will be painting live).
Other new elements for this month include:
- Five artists live painting in costume and in the style of historic artists – meet “Frida Kahlo,” “Vincent Van Gogh” and more
- Art Beyond the Paintbrush – a group of artisans (weavers, scribes, carvers, quilters) who interact with the crowd.
- Both of these in front of Artifice – north of Boulder Ave.
- Cowabunga Bay is back with special First Friday summer offers. Plus information on the First Friday Foundation Beach Party at Cowabunga Bay May 27th 6pm-11pm.
- Dignity Health will be sharing tastings of their homemade bread that brings comfort to many that visit any of the Dignity Health Hospitals.
- City of the World, Gypsy Den will join in celebrating the history of First Friday art on Colorado.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The new website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com, is active, and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted for the June event.
MAY 6TH FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Location: Casino Center / Art Way
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts
- ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases works by emerging Las Vegas artists. This is the perfect place to find locally-made, handcrafted and unique gifts made by skilled artisans. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square, and visit the many art galleries and studios. Guerrilla Kages will be displayed with live painting.
- First Friday Farmer’s Market: Edible Art 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. curated by Intuitive Forager (who also produces the Downtown Farmer’s Market and the Downtown Summerlin Farmer’s Market)..
- Chef Demos 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Join Kerry Clasby as she hosts Executive Chefs on the Land Rover stage. (near the corner of Coolidge and Casino Center)
- Welcome Tent 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. View the Artists through the Ages and Beyond the Paintbrush (in front (east) of Artifice; north of Boulder Ave.)
- Family fun and entertainment on E. Colorado Ave. 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Features youth building race cars to race onsite, pony rides, food and more. All on Colorado from Casino Center to Third.
- The Sandbox: A Place to Dream & Play 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. presented by Unified Outreach LV. There are age-appropriate activities throughout the event. All at Boulder Plaza, (near the intersection of Boulder Ave. and 1st Street, east of Main).
- Dance DepARTment 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. is where First Friday patrons can learn about a variety of dance forms, listen to music, and make new friends all while getting good exercise. A new location for the Dance DepARTment, on Coolidge (side nearest to 1st Street), coincides with the new format and programming options provided by Epyk Entertainment and Molodi.
- Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday Culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from a wide variety of food trucks and artisan food vendors – over 30 in total!. Don Julio is back with their Don Julio Tasting Lounge, sharing the history of tequila. There are also many brick and mortar options in the Arts District, as well as the Fremont East District, with new restaurants and bars opening regularly.
- Music 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. E 320 Entertainment Group presents for First Friday: 5:00PM DeBlanc Music; 6:00PM School Of Rock – Green Valley; 8:15PM Streetlight Sonata; 9:30PM Aniyah Simone. Throughout the night artist Anya Peterson will be painting live.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
5 p.m. – 11 p.m.