Pahrump invites locals and tourists to spice it up this March with the 4th Annual Silver State Chili Cook-Off featuring celebrity judges and more, as well as The Hubb Classic Car & Parts Swaps Meet and Pahrump Lecture Series’.
Stay up to date with everything happening in Pahrump by visiting, www.visitpahrump.com.
The HUBB Classic Car & Parts Swap Meet: Located at the gates of Death Valley in Pahrump, Nevada, The HUBB is the perfect place to unwind after a long day of work or travel. Held every second Saturday of the month, the HUBB Classic Car & Parts Swap Meet is the premier monthly automotive swap meet in Pahrump Valley. Buy antique, vintage, classic and or high-end cars and parts at bargain prices. For more information visit www.thehubbnevada.com.
- Date: Every second Saturday of the Month, March 12
- Time: 8 a.m.
- Location: The HUBB; 3720 W. Bell Vista Ave, Pahrump, NV 89060
Pahrump Valley Museum Lecture Series: Calling all history buffs: the Pahrump Valley Museum is dedicated to inspiring curiosity and teaching the rich history and culture of Pahrump through its one-of-a-kind exhibits that include early farming and mining equipment, early relics from cowboys and pioneers, and Native American artifacts. In addition to the historic items on display, the Pahrump Valley Museum offers a monthly lecture series that covers a wide range of topics.
- Date: Second Saturday of the month; March 12
- Time: 1 p.m.
- Details: March’s guest speaker features Mark Williams and Dr. Robert McCracken about the Nevada Ginning Company, the only cotton gin in Nevada. Under the Williams family, the Pahrump ranch had the largest cotton allotment in the state, growing up to 1,000 acres a year. Mark will be sharing his memories of when he was a child and growing up around the cotton gin and the ranch.
- Location: Pahrump Valley Museum; 401 E. Basin Ave, Pahrump, NV 89060
Silver State Chili Cook-off: The 4th Annual Silver State Chili Cook-Off will take place at Petrack Park on Saturday, March 19. Enjoy celebrity judges, live music, gun fighters, the Silver Tappers, raffles, a car show and more! For more information or to see how you can enter your chili into the competition, head over to visitpahrump.com/events.
- Date: Saturday, March 19, 2016
- Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Details: Admission to the cook-off is free.
- Location: Petrack Park; 150 NV-160, Pahrump, NV 89060