With Leap Year comes an extra day and five new handcrafted cocktails from behind the signature island bar at Yard House. On Monday, February 29, Yard House will add a collection of new libations to its innovative beverage menu.
Known for its creative cuisine and vast selection of draft beer, Yard House is also a destination for enjoying creative handcrafted cocktails served in a fun and casual setting. The new adult concoctions feature fresh ingredients including fresh pomegranate seeds, juicy blood orange, cayenne pepper, seared jalapeños, house-made clover honey syrup and fresh watermelon juice, just to name a few.
“Cocktails, like food, are all about the freshness and quality of the ingredients,” said Gregory Howard, manager of beverage for Yard House. “Palates have become more sophisticated and, as a result, so has what goes on behind the bar. It’s about using ingredients that complement the spirits and add interest to the presentation and flavors inside the glass. Processed, pre-made syrups and salt-rimmed glasses aren’t enough anymore.”
Howard and his team collaborated with Executive Chef Carlito Jocson in creating the new cocktail collection, which includes:
- Midnight Sangria - a honey-melon sweetened Red Sangria utilizing Hennessy VS Cognac and Pinot Noir served in a generous goblet, garnished with a blood orange wheel and sprinkling of fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Sunkissed Sangria - a refreshing peach-citrus White Sangria that uses Stoli Peachik and Pinot Grigio served in a goblet, garnished with a blood orange wheel, pomegranate seeds and fresh quartered strawberries.
- Easy Kentucky - a blend of Woodford Reserve Bourbon, house-made honey clover syrup, ginger and fresh lemon juice served in a bucket glass with a hint of cayenne pepper.
- The Refresher - made with Prairie Cucumber Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower, house-made citrus agave blend, house-made watermelon juice, fresh cucumber and lime, this beverage lives up to its name. Topped with a splash of prosecco served in a tall cooler glass.
- El Picante - creating a bit of heat, El Picante is made with Casamigos Blanco Tequila, Cointreau, house-made citrus agave blend, cayenne pepper and muddled jalapeños served in a salted goblet with a Grand Marnier float and garnished with a seared jalapeño half and a wedge of lime.
“Each of these cocktails adds something new to our menu and enhance the diversity so everyone can find something they love,” added Howard. “We put an emphasis on showcasing the unique ingredients and flavors, ensuring that they stand out individually yet still blend together perfectly.”
Visit Yard House locations in Las Vegas at Red Rock Resort, The LINQ and Town Square.
Yard House, which boasts a full bar at all locations, features a full list of martinis and mules boasting house-made ginger beer along with an average of 130 taps of the best American craft and import beers. Yard House, open daily for lunch, dinner and late-night dining, will debut its collection of new handcrafted cocktails nationwide on Monday, February 29. For more information, visit yardhouse.com or follow on Facebook at facebook.com/yardhouse or on Twitter @yardhouse