The Las Vegas Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities disbursed $257,000 to 55 local charities at its annual Grant Distribution and Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony on Tuesday, Dec. 8, at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Photo credit: Jeff Speer).
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada, Children’s Heart Foundation, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Nevada, Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation and Street Teens were among the charities receiving grants.
The Grant Ceremony was held from 6-8 p.m. in the Drivers’ Meeting Room in the infield media center of the speedway. SCC Board member Jamie Little, a motorsports host and NASCAR pit reporter for Fox Sports, and KOMP-FM’s Brittney Cason emceed the ceremony. Children and representatives from all 55 organizations attended the event, which included food, holiday games and gifts from Santa Claus, who arrived aboard a Richard Petty Driving Experience race car.
Santa Claus distributed gifts donated from a toy drive held by Harsch Management. The children and their families also were treated to complimentary tram rides through Glittering Lights at Las Vegas Motor Speedway when the program concluded.
“It was a wonderful evening, and the kids had a blast,” said Paulette Anderson, director of the Las Vegas Chapter of SCC. “We were able to increase our donations by $100,000 over last year, and that is a testament to our dedicated partners, board and volunteers who work hard to make dreams come true for Southern Nevada children. We are able to make a difference in our community, and that makes it all worthwhile.”
The Grant Ceremony was sponsored by Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Levy Restaurants, Fun For All Games and Entertainment and Harsch Management.
Fundraising events for the 2015 season included Laps for Charity at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the Drive for Charity Golf Tournament, the PJ 5K Run and 1-Mile Walk and the NASCAR Driver & Memorabilia Auction.
Making a difference in children’s lives is the focus of Speedway Children’s Charities, and SCC strives to do this in collaboration with the nonprofit organizations it supports nationwide. For more information on SCC, please contact director Paulette Anderson at 702-632-8242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Grant Recipients
- After-School All-Stars Las Vegas
- Assistance League of Las Vegas
- Baby’s Bounty
- Best Buddies International, Inc.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada
- Boys Town Nevada, Inc.
- Candlelighters for Childhood Cancer
- CASA Foundation
- Children’s Heart Foundation
- Civitan Foundation, Inc.
- Clark County Public Education Foundation, Inc.
- Culture Shock Las Vegas, Inc.
- Down Syndrome Organization of Southern Nevada
- Easter Seals Nevada
- Epicurean Charitable Foundation
- Gay & Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada
- Goodie Two Shoes Foundation
- Henderson Saddle Association
- In 12 Days Foundation
- James Seastrand Helping Hands of North Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Clark County Urban League—CAA
- Las Vegas Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Leaders in Training
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Nevada
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Nathan Adelson Hospice Foundation
- National Hemophilia Foundation, Nevada Chapter
- Nevada Ballet Theater, Inc.
- Nevada Blind Children’s Foundation
- Nevada Broadcasters Association
- Nevada Child Seekers Merging Corporation
- Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
- New Horizons Center for Learning
- Olive Crest
- Opportunity Village
- Project 150
- Project REAL, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Las Vegas
- Rotary Club of Las VegasSAFE House, Inc.
- Safe Nest: Temporary Assistance for Domestic Crisis
- SAFY, Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth of Nevada, Inc.
- Southern Nevada Children First
- Southern Nevada Public Television
- Spread the Word Nevada
- St. Jude’s Ranch for Children – Nevada Region Inc.
- Street Teens
- The Huntridge Teen Clinic, Inc.
- The Lullaby Connection
- The Police Athletic League, Inc. of Southern Nevada
- The Shade Tree, Inc.
- Three Square
- Touro University Nevada
- Variety Early Learning Center