Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s 2016 No. 88 Axalta Chevrolet SS was unveiled at The Cromwell in Las Vegas. Earnhardt will be racing this car in 13 NASCAR Sprint Cup events next season.
The car will be on display for fans to see and take photos with at The Cromwell through tomorrow, Dec. 3, at 5 p.m.
Earnhardt is in Las Vegas this week for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series awards banquet.
- Axalta Coatings Systems will continue its long-standing partnership with Hendrick Motorsports after agreeing to a contract extension that will expand its presence and take one of the most enduring sponsorships in NASCAR through 2018.
- Beginning in 2016, Axalta will become a primary sponsor of the No. 88 Chevrolet SS team of driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. for 13 Sprint Cup Series races annually, an increase of three per season. Axalta will also be featured as a major associate sponsor during all non-primary events.
- The agreement extends a multi-faceted partnership — now in its 23rd full season — that began in November 1992 when the company first sponsored driver Jeff Gordon and the No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports team.
- Earnhardt, 41, has 26 career Sprint Cup victories, including three this season. The Kannapolis, North Carolina, native made his fifth consecutive appearance in the championship-deciding Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this season and is a two-time winner of the prestigious Daytona 500. He is NASCAR’s 12-time most popular driver, as voted by fans.
- Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colourful, beautiful and sustainable solutions.