The Who today announced the rescheduled dates for their “The Who HITS 50!” North American tour, which was postponed earlier this month to allow lead singer Roger Daltrey time to recover from his recent bout with viral meningitis.
“The Who HITS 50!” 2016 dates kick off February 27 in Detroit and includes stops in Toronto, New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, before wrapping Sunday, May 29 in Las Vegas at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
Roger Daltrey says, “I am now on the mend and feeling a lot better.”
“We will be starting our rescheduled shows in February and will be coming back stronger than ever!” Pete Townshend adds.
Tickets for the originally scheduled shows will be honored at the new dates. “The Who HITS 50!” tour is being presented by AEG Live. Tickets and VIP packages for the shows are available at www.thewho.com. Citi is the official credit card of “The Who HITS 50!” tour. Citi cardmembers will have access to purchase tickets for the U.S. dates through Citi’s Private Pass Program. For details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.
The Who have sold over 100 million records since forming in 1964; they brought together four different personalities and in effect produced a musical hurricane. Each of them was a pioneer. Wildman drummer Keith Moon beat his kit with a chaotic elegance; stoic bassist John Entwistle held down the center with the melodic virtuosity of a solo guitarist; raging intellectual Pete Townshend punctuated the epic universality of his songs with the windmill slamming of his fingers across his guitar strings; and Roger Daltrey roared above it all with an impossibly virile macho swagger. They exploded conventional rhythm and blues structures, challenged pop music conventions, and redefined what was possible on stage, in the recording studio, and on vinyl. As they enter their 50th year, the band is still going strong, winning rave reviews.
The updated “The Who HITS 50!” tour dates are as follows:
DATE CITY VENUE
- Sat 2/27 Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena
- Tue 3/1 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
- Thu 3/3 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
- Mon 3/7 Boston, MA TD Garden
- Thu 3/10 Chicago, IL United Center
- Sat 3/12 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
- Mon 3/14 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- Wed 3/16 Pittsburgh, PA CONSOL Energy Center
- Sat 3/19 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
- Mon 3/21 Milwaukee, WI BMO Harris Bradley Center
- Thu 3/24 Washington, DC Verizon Center
- Sat 3/26 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
- Tue 3/29 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
- Tue 4/26 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
- Fri 4/29 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
- Sun 5/1 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
- Wed 5/4 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
- Fri 5/6 Saskatoon, SK SaskTel Centre
- Sun 5/8 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
- Tue 5/10 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
- Fri 5/13 Vancouver, BC Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
- Sun 5/15 Seattle, WA KeyArena at Seattle Center
- Tue 5/17 Portland, OR Moda Center
- Thu 5/19 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
- Sun 5/22 Anaheim, CA Honda Center
- Wed 5/25 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center
- Fri 5/27 San Diego, CA Valley View Casino Center
- Sun 5/29 Las Vegas, NV The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
**Please note: Tickets for the Toronto October 19 show will be honored on the March 1 date, while tickets for the December 1 show will be honored at April 26 performance.
** Tickets for the Las Vegas May 29 performance will re-open for sale to the public on Saturday, October 10 at 10 a.m. PT.