Rockhouse Las Vegas, located inside the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian|The Palazzo, is inviting Las Vegas to make a choice – go big, or go small – with new additions to its menu of classic American bar fare (Pictured: Guac Out Burrito).
Here comes the Rock Out With Your Guac Out four-and-a-half-pound Challenge and Hump Day Hot Dogs.
Las Vegas’ favorite Strip-side dive bar has put together a monumental eating challenge to tempt only the most daring diners in what will be known as the “Rock Out With Your Guac Out” burrito challenge. The cost to participate is $45, but there is no honest way to put a price on bragging rights; any brave soul who completes the challenge, downing the burrito in 20 minutes or less, will walk out free of charge and full of pride (and burrito). Perhaps more importantly, champions of this challenge will earn $50 in Rockhouse bucks, $25 to each of Rockhouse’s sister joints PBR Rock Bar & Grill and Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar, plus a free Rockhouse T-shirt.
This is not your abuelo’s burrito. The concoction of melted, Mexican goodness, weighing in at a whopping four-and-a-half pounds, features carne asada steak, pico de gallo, sautéed onion, green chilis, cheddar cheese, French fries and lettuce, swaddled in a blanket of three 12-inch flour tortillas, all topped with sour cream and – you guessed it – guacamole.
“People are absolutely going to love this, whether they’re sitting and participating, or standing and anticipating,” said Rockhouse General Manager Avi Kopelman. “It doesn’t feel too daunting, sitting down with it – people come in with all kinds of confidence. But after a few bites, this stuff starts sitting heavy; it’s a challenge!”
In addition to the Burrito Challenge, Rockhouse has also added a Wednesday night special menu of “Hump Day Hot Dogs.” The wide variety of new flavors of mini hot dogs are offered a la carte, but guests are encouraged to order a flight of three for variety.
HUMP DAY HOT DOGS (a la carte prices shown)
- THE PLAIN JANE ($1.50) – Kinda speaks for itself;
- BUFFALO BILL ($2) – Drizzled with hot sauce, bleu cheese and ranch dressing;
- CAROLINA DOG ($2) – Covered with coleslaw
- CHEESY DOG ($2) – Topped with cheddar cheese;
- GUAC DOG ($2) – With guacamole and cilantro;
- KRAUT DOG ($2) – Topped with (you guessed it) sauerkraut;
- PHILLY DOG ($2) – With sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms and onions, covered in cheese sauce;
- BRONCO BILLY ($2.50) – Topped with jalapeños, cheese sauce and barbecue sauce;
- MEXI DOG ($2.50) – Topped with avocado, pico de gallo, sour cream and jalapeños;
- TEXAS TOMMY ($2.50) – Slathered in cheese sauce and sprinkled with bacon;
- BARBIE DOG ($3) – Covered in pulled pork, cheddar cheese and barbecue sauce;
- CHILI CHEESE ($3) – Doused in chili, cheddar cheese and topped with diced onion;
- PIG IN A BLANKET ($3) – Covered in cheese and wrapped in bacon.
Rockhouse has also updated its regular menu, with an assortment of mouth-watering choices that include:
- FRIED AVOCADO TACOS ($9.95) – Corn tortillas, filled with fried avocado and chipotle slaw, topped with pico de gallo and sour cream;
- TIJUANA DOG (12.95) – Three miniature, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, topped with avocado, pico de gallo, grilled jalapeño, pineapple and sour cream;
- DIRTY JERSEY SLIDERS ($13.95) – Grilled beef patties, topped with blue cheese, sautéed mushroom, onion and avocado, with a side of Rockhouse’s signature Super Fine Sauce.
For more information, please visit www.therockhousebar.com or call 702.750.1685.