Songwriting community SongTown and the hit weekly show Nashville Unplugged have partnered to launch the Sunset Songwriting Festival, a three-day music immersion event to connect songwriters, publishers and producers (Pictured: Grammy-nominated songwriter Shelly Peiken).
Featuring valuable workshops, performances, networking opportunities and more, the Sunset Songwriting Festival will be held Friday, Oct. 9, 2015 through Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015 at Club Madrid inside Sunset Station.
“A songwriting festival in Las Vegas has been a dream of mine since we started Nashville Unplugged six years ago,” said Aaron Benward of Nashville Unplugged. “We are bringing some of the most successful songwriters and industry professionals to Sunset Station for the first ever Sunset Songwriter Festival. Aspiring songwriters or artists will also have an opportunity to showcase their music for people in the music business who can truly make a difference in their career.”
“We’ve designed this festival from the ground up to be a great experience for fans, artists and songwriters, including hit writers, artists and up-and-comers,” said Clay Mills, Grammy Award-nominated songwriter and co-founder of the Sunset Songwriting Festival. “It’s a great platform to make industry connections, learn about the songwriting business and, most of all, have a fun time.”
Ticket packages for the Sunset Songwriting Festival start at $199 plus tax and applicable fees and are available for purchase online at www.sunsetsongwritingfestival.com. The festival is open to the public, with four ticket packages to choose from. Submissions to perform at the Sunset Songwriting Festival are being accepted through Aug. 25, 2015. Performers will have the opportunity to play in front of songwriting influencers, prominent producers and publishers and other industry professionals. To register for workshops, fill out the submission form and see official rules and regulations, visit www.sunsetsongwritingfestival.com.
Tickets to Jason Michael Carroll’s performance on Saturday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. are $25 plus tax and applicable fees for general admission and must be purchased separate from the Sunrise Songwriting Festival ticket packages. Tickets can be purchased at any Station Casinos Reward Center and The Fiestas, by logging onto www.sclv.com/concerts or through Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or www.ticketmaster.com. Guests under 21 must be accompanied by an adult.
The three-day Sunset Songwriting Festival schedule includes:
FRIDAY, OCT. 9:
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Opening Kickoff Party
- 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Getting Your Songs Heard In Today’s Market (Industry Panel)
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – VIP “Pitch Your Song” Session
- 8 p.m. – 10 m. – Featured Hit Writer/Artist Show
SATURDAY, OCT. 10:
- 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Placing Your Songs In TV/Film/Video Games (Workshop) featuring Jonathan Watkins (EA Sports Music Supervisor) and Frankie Pine (LA Music Supervisor)
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30m. – Pro Song Critique Session with songwriter Shelly Peiken (Christina Aguilera, Ed Sheeran, Keith Urban) and publisher Suzan Koc (Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Reba McEntire)
- 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m. – The Great Song Make-Over (Workshop) with songwriters Clay Mills (Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, Easton Corbin, Reba McEntire) and Marty Dodson (Billy Currington, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, Plain White T’s)
- 3:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Using Social Media to Take Your Career to the Next Level (Workshop) with social media expert Rick Barker (Former Taylor Swift Manager and social media consultant to “American Idol” and Big Machine Records). Barker was a pioneer in the social media world, using it to launch Taylor Swift into superstardom. He will show some of the tricks he’s using today to help artists and songwriters gain a new edge in the music business.
- 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Featured Hit Artist Concert featuring a performance by country sensation Jason Michael Carroll. **Tickets are not included in Sunset Songwriting Festival
- 9 p.m. – Up and Comer Writers and Artists Shows
SUNDAY, OCT. 11:
- 9 p.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Networking and Farewell Brunch
Founded in 2012 by successful Nashville songwriters Clay Mills and Marty Dodson, SongTown provides songwriters with training, critiques, mentoring and opportunities as they interact with a group of like-minded creatives. As hard-working professional songwriters, Mills and Dodson both have achieved several number one charting hits, with cuts released by Bill Currington, Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker, Diamond Rio, Carrie Underwood and many more. Find out more at www.SongTown.com.