New York transplant Kristina Blunt established the “Vegas Gone Yoga!” festival in 2013 to bring the local yoga community together. This year’s event will take place at the Springs Preserve on Sept. 19-20.
“Yoga means union,” Blunt said, “but we didn’t really do anything to practice that meaning. This festival brings that union to Southern Nevada’s yogis and yoginis.”
Previously a one-day event, the festival has become so well-attended and in-demand that it will span two days this year and is expected to attract more than 500 yogis and yoginis to the Springs Preserve.
Always held during National Yoga Month, the third annual festival will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19 and 20, at the Las Vegas Springs Preserve, 333 S. Valley View Blvd. In honor of International Day of Peace the following day (Monday, Sept. 21), a band will close out the festival Sunday evening with a Peace Day Concert from 4 to 6 p.m.
“Vegas Gone Yoga! Brings the yin to Las Vegas’ yang,” Blunt said. “We can be a balanced city.”
Overseen by Blunt, who teaches at Yoga Sanctuary’s two Las Vegas locations, Vegas Gone Yoga! will present 27 classes taught by teachers from 14 local yoga studios. Taking place both indoors as well as in the Springs Preserve’s amphitheater, classes will provide something for everyone and will include everything from vinyasa flow, to purifying the chakras, to partner yoga, to hip-hop yoga, to healing sound techniques.
Cost for the festival is $89 for one day until Aug. 15, at which point the price will increase to $119 per day, and $139 for the full weekend until Aug. 15, when the price will become $169 for the weekend.
Sponsored by Lululemon Athletica, the Las Vegas Springs Preserve, Natural Awakenings, Bongiovi Law Firm and Evolution Yoga Las Vegas, the festival will also provide an opportunity for people in the health and wellness industry to sell products pertaining to the realm of healing or yoga. There will be a merchant area for vendors to sell yoga apparel, jewelry, props, artwork, oils and scrubs.
Located three miles from the Las Vegas Strip, the Springs Preserve is a 180-acre national historic site featuring botanical gardens, trails, historical structures, restored wetlands, wildlife exhibits, a child’s play area and a 1,800-seat amphitheater.
To purchase tickets or become a sponsor or vendor, visit vegasgoneyoga.com.
Styles of yoga offered at Vegas Gone Yoga! 2015
- Vinyasa Flow
- Partner Yoga
- Healing sound therapy/gong
- Basic/beginner yoga
- Expressive dance/trance dance
SATURDAY, SEPT. 19
- Room 1: Invert Your World, Jennifer Knox
- Room 2: Lifepower Vinyasa Yoga, Eric Jeffers
- Room 3: Yin Yoga, Ashley Wynn
- Amphitheater: Awakening of the Heart, Ashley Cottrell
- Room 1: Hips Hips Hooray!, Greg & Susan Holmes
- Room 2: A Reawakened Core Through The Pelvic Floor, Elinore Cohen
- Room 3: Clear and Simple Yoga, Lucrezia
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch, Tim Catching & Friends Lunchtime Jam
- Room 1: Scent-Sational Restorative, Christine Frazzitta
- Room 2: Hip-Hop Yoga, Dray Gardner
- Room 3: Light On Raja Yoga, Paul Benedict
- Room 1: Strength and Softness, The Vinyasa Dance, Ginger Campbell
- Room 2: Live Music Bliss Yoga, Cheryl Slader & Tim Catching
- Room 3: Therapeutic Breathwork for Relaxation, Marissa Lee Harris
- Amphitheater: Tribal Trance Dance, Jada Fire
SUNDAY, SEPT. 20
- 8-9:30 a.m.
- Room 1: Twist This!, Zeeky Vincent
- Room 2: Journey Through The Body Rainbow, Angelica Govaert
- Room 3: Tune In + Turn On, Maythinee Washington
- Amphitheater: Rise & Run: Yoga for Athletes, Dana McCollough
- Room 1: Strut Your Tailfeathers with Bird Poses, Rachael Sellars
- Room 2: Lord Ganesha`s Birthday Meditation, Cosmin Mahadev Singh
- Room 3: Beginner & Intermediate Handstands, Alvin Tam
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Ampitheater: Sandip Thanki
- Room 1: TruYin, Mark Balfe-Taylor
- Room 2: Journey of The Bandhas, Sasha Larkin
- Room 3: Healing Through Vibrational Sound Techniques, Susan Goecke
- Room 1: Yummy Yin with the 3 Minute Egg, Kathy Hartman
- Room 2: Flying with Friends, Billy Hoveke
- Room 3: Modo 90 Series, Kirk Luipasco
- Amphitheater: Local community kirtan
- Closing Peace Day concert: Larisa Stow & The Shakti Tribe (kirtan)