James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Mina will welcome his newest concept, BARDOT Brasserie, to ARIA Resort & Casino Friday, January 16.
Offering a modern and sexy take on the traditional French brasserie experience, BARDOT will present an exquisite array of Parisian cuisine, transporting guests on a culinary journey through The City of Light.
“For chefs, French cuisine is a homecoming of sorts, since much of our initial training is rooted in French technique,” stated Chef Michael Mina. “With BARDOT, we’re looking to pay homage to all the classics while embracing the French philosophy of ‘Joie de vivre’ and you’ll see it in everything – from the food and drink to the atmosphere – the experience is going to be a celebration of that lifestyle.”
With Executive Chef Josh Smith at the helm, BARDOT’s menu will feature a variety of unforgettable dining experiences.
- Foie Gras Parfait – Renowned for his caviar parfait, Mina developed this concoction by combining foie gras and port wine gelée, which can then be placed on fresh grilled country bread.
- Duck Wings À L’Orange – Mina adds an approachable twist to this French dish by preparing it as wood-grilled wings, cooked with seasonal citrus and sauce maltaise.
- Croque Madame – Bursting with flavor at every bite, this popular French sandwich is loaded with Parisian ham, Gruyere fondue and topped with an organic egg.
- Sautéed Skate Wing – Adventurous eaters will enjoy the presentation of this scaly fish, complemented by wood-roasted cauliflower purée, wild capers, parsley, brown butter and lemon.
- Oven Roasted Chicken – A signature dish on BARDOT’s menu, this interpretation includes wild mushroom-brioche bread pudding, buttered haricots verts and sauce vin jaune.
- Foie Gras Sausage – An avid fan of foie gras, Chef Mina has created an out-of-the-ordinary decadent sausage special for BARDOT, presented with mushroom duxelles, confit prunes, chestnut fondant and Earl Grey jus.
- Monkfish Bourride – Another exotic fish to round out BARDOT’s culinary offerings, the monkfish is poached in olive oil, accented by a garlic aioli and served with black mussels, fingerling potatoes and braised leeks.
- Onion Soup Gratinée – Chef Mina takes the classic French Onion Soup to the next level by giving guests the option of adding perigord truffles, braised oxtail and a soft-poached egg, creating a multi-textured, flavorful soup.
- Fruits de Mer – Seafood aficionados will rejoice over the opportunity to create a tower of under-the-sea delights. Choosing between the Brasserie Luxe or Brasserie Royale sizes, guests can fill their plates with lobster, king crab, oysters, clams and shrimp.
- Les Steak Frites – For those new to the world of French cuisine, Steak Frites is an excellent place to start. Guests can select from an 8 oz. Hanger, 12 oz. Ribeye or 8 oz. Filet, which can be enhanced with béarnaise, au poivre, bordelaise or foie gras butter. Pair the succulent meat with a hearty portion of fries and bon appétit!
- Fromagerie – No fine French meal is complete without a taste of the country’s quintessential creamy cheeses. Guests at BARDOT can order a choice of three, five or seven world-class fromages ranging from Brie, to Roquefort and Camembert.
- Chocolate Macaron – Offering a larger-than-life take on the French macaron, Chef Mina developed one big enough to share, filled to the brim with dark chocolate ganache.
- Apple Tarte Tatin – Those with a sweet tooth should not leave BARDOT without trying this dish, created with warm caramelized apple tart and puff pastry, topped with vanilla bean ice cream.
BARDOT will be open from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. daily and is located on the second floor of ARIA.