After igniting a twitter frenzy following her arena tour announcement, the official dates for Grammy-nominated Iggy Azalea’s The Great Escape Tour, presented by AEG Live, have been announced (Photo: © Erik Kabik / www.ErikKabik.com).
One of the most-anticipated tours of the year, the Great Escape Tour will travel across North America, beginning April 14 in Fresno, CA and make stops in Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Toronto, and Chicago before wrapping in Austin, TX on May 24. Joining Iggy on tour will be multi-talented recording artist and actor, Nick Jonas as special guest. In addition, also joining as support acts are R&B/Hip-Hop favorites Tinashe and DJ Wizz Kidd.
American Express Card Members can purchase tickets in the U.S. before the general public beginning Monday, December 15th at 9am local through Thursday, December 18 at 9pm local.
The public on-sale begins Friday, December 19 at 9:00 am local on AEGLive.com. There will also be various levels of Platinum and VIP Packages which will include premium tickets plus exclusive autographed items.
After years of honing her signature style on hip-hop’s underground circuit, Iggy Azalea burst onto the charts with her critically acclaimed debut album, The New Classic, and emerged as the breakout story of 2014, with one of the year’s most-streamed albums globally. Iggy is the first international female rapper to reach number one on both the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop and Rap Album Charts, and has been nominated for four prestigious 2015 Grammy Awards, including Best New Artist, Best Rap Album, Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Fancy” featuring Charlie XCX. “Fancy” broke airplay records and made history as the longest-leading #1 by a female rapper, also making Iggy the first artist since The Beatles to rank at #1 and #2 simultaneously with their first two Hot 100 hits. “Fancy” stormed the charts this year sitting at #1 for seven consecutive weeks, is currently certified 4x times platinum, was named Billboard’s 2014 Song of the Summer, iTunes Best Song of 2014, the year’s most-streamed song on Spotify, and the most-watched music video on VEVO. Iggy was also featured on Ariana Grande’s certified 4x platinum Billboard Top 40 #1 smash, “Problem,” which won “Best Pop Video” at the 2014 MTV VMAs. Iggy’s new single, “Black Widow,” featuring Rita Ora, has already gone double platinum and reached #1 on Billboard’s Top 40 Airplay Chart.
In addition to her recent Grammy nominations, Iggy has been nominated for six American Music Awards and won both this year’s favorite Rap/Hip-Hop artist and favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album, nine MTV Video Music Awards, was Billboard’s Women in Music 2014 Chart Topper, and countless other awards and accolades. She has performed on the biggest stages on TV, including Saturday Night Live, The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Ellen and more.
The Great Escape North American Tour Dates
- Tuesday, April 14 – Fresno, CA – Save Mart Center
- Thursday, April 16 – Sacramento, CA – Sleep Train Arena
- Friday, April 17 – Oakland, CA – The Oracle Arena
- Sunday, April 19 – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena
- Tuesday, April 21 – Los Angeles, CA -STAPLES Center
- Thursday, April 23 – San Diego, CA – Valley View Casino Center
- Saturday, April 25 – Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Monday, April 27 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center
- Thursday, April 30 – Minneapolis, MN – Target Center
- Friday, May 1 – Rosemont, IL – Allstate Arena
- Saturday, May 2 – Auburn Hills, MI – The Palace of Auburn Hills
- Sunday, May 3 – Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre
- Wednesday, May 6 – Boston, MA – TD Garden
- Thursday, May 7 – Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center
- Friday, May 8 – Newark, NJ – Prudential Center
- Sunday, May 10 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- Tuesday, May 12 – Washington, DC – Verizon Center
- Wednesday, May 13 – Baltimore, MD – Royal Farms Arena
- Friday, May 15 – Orlando, FL – Amway Center
- Saturday, May 16 – Miami, FL – AmericanAirlines Arena
- Tuesday, May 19 – Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena
- Friday, May 22 – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
- Saturday, May 23 – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
- Sunday, May 24 – Austin, TX – Frank Erwin Center