The Las Vegas Monorail Company transported its 60 millionth rider this week, with the lucky rider receiving a Las Vegas gift package including a weekend stay, souvenirs and tickets to iconic Las Vegas shows and attractions (Pictured: Oscar Goodman, 60 millionth rider Steve Riley and wife Laura Riley, Las Vegas Monorail Company VP and CMO Ingrid Reisman and showgirls – Photo credit: PRNewsFoto/Las Vegas Monorail Company).
Steve Riley from San Diego, CA had the good fortune to be the 60 millionth rider through the fare gates Thursday afternoon, while visiting Las Vegas with his wife Laura, and was greeted by Las Vegas Host Committee Chairman & official ambassador of Las Vegas, Oscar Goodman with his signature martini, traditional showgirls, Monorail representatives and a showering of Las Vegas prizes.
“We’re thrilled to welcome our 60 millionth rider on the iconic Las Vegas Monorail,” said Monorail Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Ingrid Reisman. “It is an exciting time to be in Las Vegas. With the recent openings of the High Roller observation wheel and the LINQ entertainment, dining and shopping district, as well as the much-anticipated openings of The Cromwell and SLS Las Vegas which are all easily accessible from our Monorail stations, we are able to even better deliver visitors and locals alike to the diverse array of options the Las Vegas Strip offers.”
The prize package the lucky passenger will receive includes:
- 2 night stay at Bally’s from Caesars Entertainment
- Dinner for 2 from The Palm Restaurant at Caesars
- 2 Tickets to Jubilee from Caesars Entertainment
- 2 tickets for Las Vegas High Roller from Caesars Entertainment
- 2 tickets to Absinthe from Outdoor Solutions
- Dinner for 2 from Pampas Brazilian Grille
- Las Vegas Night Strip Bus Tour w/Champagne Toast from Grayline Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Strip helicopter flight for 2 from Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters
- Raft Trip for 2 from Black Canyon Adventures
- Bootleg Canyon Zipline Tour for 2 from Flightlinez
- Gift Package compliments of CSI: The Experience
- Admission for 2 for the Mob Museum
- Gift Package compliments of myVEGAS
- Welcome to Las Vegas Light up sign from LVCVA
For Las Vegas visitors enjoying a long weekend, an extended stay or a convention or tradeshow, the Las Vegas Monorail is an easy and hassle free way to travel between all things Las Vegas. Vegas’s hottest attractions and entertainment can be found along the Monorail’s seven stop route, including the newest additions to the Las Vegas Strip: The Linq and the High Roller observation wheel, and the soon to open properties: The Cromwell boutique hotel and SLS Las Vegas.
The Monorail has seen an increase in first quarter 2014 ridership and revenue, reporting 13.1% ridership increase to 1,148,619 riders over the quarter and 10.3% revenue increase to $5,090,958 total fare revenue for the quarter. The system continues to experience increases in advanced sales, and the launch of the new Monorail website has resulted in increased online traffic.
“This marks the third consecutive quarter of increased ridership on the system, and yet another positive milestone,” said Reisman. “We will also be celebrating the system’s 10th anniversary this July, completing our first decade of service for both Las Vegas visitors and locals to quickly and conveniently navigate the traffic and crowds on the Las Vegas Strip.”
When asked why they chose the Monorail to navigate the Las Vegas Strip, Steve said, “[The Las Vegas Monorail] is a very convenient and effective way to get around Las Vegas, and we take it every time we are here.”