A showcase of beauty, confidence and cultural appreciation, the first Miss Asian Las Vegas pageant will be held October 12 at The New Tropicana Las Vegas (Miss Asian Global & Miss Asian America Pageant 2012 – Photo credit: David Yu Photography).
With the ultimate goal of empowering young women, the event provides a platform to build leadership, friendship, community, etiquette and talent within the Asian American community in Las Vegas. Pageant contestants showcase their talents through various pageant sections including interviews, swimwear, ethnic costumes and evening gowns. The winner of the Miss Asian Las Vegas pageant will go on to compete in the 2014 Miss Asian America pageant, the longest running Asian American pageant in the United States.
Scheduled to appear on the red carpet are:
- Annie Chang, founder of Miss Asian Las Vegas
- Hector Bustamante, emcee and American-Colombian actor
- Patranya Bhoolsuwan, emcee and Emmy Award-winning reporter
- Ransford Doherty, award-winning actor known for his roles in Major Crimes, The Closer, Body of Proof and The Office
- Lyle Fong, founder of Lithium Technologies
- Patrick Lee, co-founder of Rotten Tomatoes
- Tammy Shaw, owner of Las Vegas Woman Magazine
- Evan Louie, owner of Kona Ice Las Vegas
- Joey Galon, designer
- Jade Kelsall, Miss Nevada USA 2012
- Louise Wu, Miss Asian America 2007-2008
- Buachampoo Sai Varee, Miss Asian America 2004-2005
New celebrities added!
- Ricardo Laguna, BMX World Pro, MTV personality and presenter
- Heather Marianna, Actress and owner of Beauty Kitchen
- Chris Phillips and Lydia Ansel, Zowie Bowie
- Maren Wade, Vegas! The Show
- Tara Tambunting, Miss Universal Dream
WHEN: Saturday, October 12
Red carpet begins at 6 p.m.
Show begins at 7 p.m.
WHERE: The New Tropicana Las Vegas
3801 S. Las Vegas BLVD., Las Vegas, NV 89109
ADMISSION: A variety of reserved seating is available for $100, $50 and $25; to purchase tickets visit TropLV.com or call 800.829.9034.
For more information, visit: MissAsianLasVegas.com