Soul and R&B crooner, responsible for the “song of the summer,” Robin Thicke will start New Year’s Eve week in Las Vegas with a performance at The Pearl inside Palms Casino Resort on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8 p.m (Pictured: Robin Thicke during a previous show at The Pearl – Photo: © Erik Kabik/ RETNA/ www.erikkabik.com).
This past summer marked the debut of Robin Thicke’s highly anticipated sixth studio album, Blurred Lines (Star Trak/Interscope Records). The collection debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 while, “Blurred Lines,” the single, continued its 12-week reign on the Billboard Hot 100 chart making Robin the first artist to take the top spot on both lists since December 2012 and only the 17th act to earn the distinction in the past ten years. “Blurred Lines” scored the highest audience ever recorded and broke records by climbing to #1 on 5 radio charts simultaneously (Top 40, Rhythm, Urban, Hot AC & Urban AC) – the first time this has ever been done by an artist. New York Magazine called the album, “A great record. Period,” while Rolling Stone said, “Robin Thicke sings, writes, produces, plays keyboard and even raps a little on his excellent sixth album.” The second single off of the album, “Give It 2 U” featuring Kendrick Lamar, is available now.
Robin Thicke has established himself as one of the most respected singer-songwriters in soul and R&B music today. The musician, composer, and actor, released his critically acclaimed debut album, A Beautiful World, in 2003 under the name “Thicke.” Soon after, he came out with his breakthrough second release, 2006’s The Evolution Of Robin Thicke. Now on the way to double platinum status, Evolution’s mega hit “Lost Without U” became the #1 most played song in Urban Adult Contemporary BDS and topped four Billboard charts simultaneously. The award-winning multiplatinum superstar returned to center stage in 2008 with Something Else, a joyful and modern tribute to the ’70s soul and pop records that have inspired an extraordinary career. Revered by critics as one of the best soul albums in years, this ’70s-inspired album dealt with racism, poverty and love in the hits “Dreamworld,” “Magic,” and “The Sweetest Love.” In December of 2009 Robin released Sex Therapy. The title song was hailed by critics as “the sexiest song of the year.” Robin’s fifth studio album, Love After War was released in December of 2011. For more information, please visit www.robinthicke.com.
Tickets start at $80, plus any additional service fees. Doors at the Pearl will open at 7 p.m. and show time is 8 p.m. The Pearl Box Office is open daily from noon until 7 p.m. with extended hours on select event days. Follow The Pearl on Twitter at @PearlatPalms for concert announcements and event information.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE PEARL
- September 26 – 28 – Straight No Chaser – The Chaser Summit; Tickets start at $43.50
- October 1 & 2 – Furthur featuring Grateful Dead’s Phil Lesh & Bob Weir; Tickets start at $39
- October 6 – Depeche Mode; Tickets start at $160
- October 12 – KORN; Tickets start at $49
- October 18 – Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck; Tickets start at $69
- October 19 – King of the Cage World Amateur Championships; Tickets start at $54
- October 25 – Mark Knopfler; Tickets start at $59
- October 26 – Alice In Chains – an evening with; Tickets start at $70
- November 2 & 3 – Bill Maher 2013 Residency; Tickets start at $45
- November 22 & 23 – Ringo Starr and the All Starr Band; Tickets start at $70
- November 27 – Alice Cooper; Tickets start at $49
- November 30 – John Legend with special guest Tamar Braxton; Tickets start at $49
- December 29 – Robin Thicke; Tickets start at $80