NHRA Pro Stock drag racing legend Bob Glidden will compete in the Nov. 20-23 Street Car Super Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Glidden will pilot PGA pro golfer Kenny Perry’s Grand Am in the Outlaw 10.5 class.
Glidden was the scourge of the NHRA Pro Stock class in the 1980s and 1990s, winning an unprecedented 10 championships in 16 years, including five consecutive titles from 1985 to 1989. Bob amassed 85 national-event victories before retiring at the end of the 1997 season and is fourth on the NHRA’s Top 50 Drivers Of All Time list.
The Strip at LVMS will draw the top racers from across the U.S. and Canada – including Bob’s son, Billy Glidden – for the ultimate East-vs.-West street car shootout. The Pro Street class will pay $20,000 to the winner. The Outlaw Street class winner will take home a $5,000 check.
For more information on the Street Car Super Nationals, please visit www.streetcarsupernationals.com.
Street Car Super Nationals schedule:
- Thursday, Nov. 20 – Street Car Super Nationals Test ‘n’ Tune – 4-9 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 21 – Street Car Super Nationals qualifying – 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 21 – Midnight Mayhem Presented By MetroPCS – 7 p.m.-Midnight.
- Saturday, Nov. 22 – Street Car Super Nationals qualifying – 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 23 – Street Car Super Nationals eliminations – 10 a.m.-4 p.m.