Local Teenage Vocalist Kaela Jonson-Smith to Sing National Anthem at July 3 “Night Of Fire” at LVMS
June 21, 2013 by VegasNews.com
It’s the one big holiday show that’s circled on everyone’s calendars. The Bullring, Las Vegas Motor Speedway’s NASCAR-sanctioned 3/8-mile asphalt oval for local stock car racing, will present its annual Independence Day celebration, the “Night of Fire,” on Wednesday, July 3.
Las Vegas vocalist Kaela Jonson-Smith will sing the national anthem at 7 p.m. The 13-year-old singer has performed at the Bootlegger Bistro in Las Vegas, Lake Las Vegas’ Montelago Village, First Friday on Fremont Street, NBA and UNLV basketball games, the Kelly Clinton Open Mic Cabaret and the San Gennaro Feast.
She also went two rounds in her America’s Got Talent 6 tryout in 2011. Her powerful voice and vocal style has made her a favorite anthem singer with fans at the Bullring.
- A spectacular holiday fireworks display will begin at the end of the racing program, at approximately 10:20 p.m.
- Spectator gates will open at 5 p.m. with racing at 6 p.m. Spectators may save money by purchasing admission tickets in advance by visiting or calling the LVMS ticket office (702-644-4444) or online at www.LVMS.com.
- The Bullring’s concession stand will feature $1 hot dogs, $1 Coca-Cola products and $2 Budweiser beer.
Wednesday, July 3 – Annual Night of Fire: Fireworks, stock car racing, waterless boat races, Monster Truck “Shocker,” “MavTV Missile” Jet Car burn. Spectator gates open at 5 p.m.
5 p.m. – Spectator gates open.
Bandolero group qualifying (3 laps).
Legend Cars group qualifying (3 laps).
Super Late Model single-car qualifying (2 laps).
Super Stock heat races (8 laps or 8 min.).
Bomber heat races (8 laps or 8 minutes).
6:50 p.m. – “Shocker” Monster Truck exhibition.
Opening ceremonies, national anthem.
Super Late Model Trophy Dash (6 laps or 6 min.).
IAPMO Silver Star Plumbing PHCC Bandolero Outlaw feature (12 laps or 12 min.).
IAPMO Silver Star Plumbing Bandolero Bandit feature (12 laps or 12 min.).
NASCAR Super Stock feature (30 laps or 25 min.).
USLCI Legend Cars feature (25 laps or 25 min.).
NASCAR Bomber feature (30 laps or 25 min.).
NASCAR Super Late Model “Spirit of ‘76” feature (76 laps or 50 min.).
Waterless Boat Race (15 min.).
“Shocker” Monster Truck show – infield, freestyle.
“MAV TV Missile” Jet Car burn.
10:20 p.m. – Fireworks.
Schedule subject to change.
- Adult advance ticket: $15.
- Adult ticket, day-of-event: $20.
- Advance senior citizen or military ticket: $13.
- Senior citizen or military ticket, day-of-event: $17.
- Advance Family Four-Pack: $35.
- Family Four-Pack, day-of-event: $45.
- Kids: $8.
- Stockyard tailgate parking area: $119.
For more information, please call LVMS at (702) 644-4444 or visit www.LVMS.com. Follow LVMS on Facebook and Twitter.
© 2013, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.