Life is Beautiful Festival Goes Americana for July 2013
June 19, 2013 by VegasNews.com
Life is Beautiful Festival presents its sixth showcase in a series of monthly musical events, geared towards providing a platform for the best musicians in the Las Vegas Valley (Pictured: Beau Hodges Band).
Each month, the festival hosts free local concerts at varying Downtown Las Vegas venues with the intent of showcasing and selecting a few homegrown acts to play at the highly-anticipated festival this fall. Attendees of the July Showcase will feel American pride as they enjoy a special Americana evening at Downtown Las Vegas’ own hidden treasure, Park on Fremont.
The July Showcase will feature the sounds of:
- Beau Hodges Band– With his honest and soulful sound, this Oklahoma bred singer/songwriter’s roots can be felt in his music. Referring to his music as “red dirt rock”, a combination of country, rock, blues and heavy, this unique sound has led the band to perform alongside ZZ Top, Gary Allen, Matchbox 20, Counting Crows, Ed Sheeran, Phillip Phillips and the Moonshine Bandits.
- Justin Mather– Hailing from the Berkshire Hills of Massachusetts, Justin Mather has been performing for more than a decade. His Americana Roots sound draws influence from Johnny Cash, Neil Young and the Allman Brothers. Mather currently resides in Boulder City, NV and performs 150+ shows a year in and around Las Vegas where he has shared the stage with the likes of Gregg Allman, Jakob Dylan, and Ryan Bingham and Dead Horses.
- Easy 8’s– This Las Vegas based original country band can rock just about any stage, from intimate bar rooms to large theaters. Along with their original music, this larger than life band also covers country, blues and rock ‘n’ roll hits from over the past 5 decades.
- Kalsey Kulyk– This down-to-earth, small town girl has big dreams, and has been working towards them since the tender age of three. Influenced by country music legends such as Shania Twain, Allison Krause and The Dixie Chicks, this country crooner is on the path to a very promising country career.
- Megan Barker– Born in Nashville, aka Music City, music has always been in Megan Barker’s blood. This singer/songwriter/guitarist went from playing small crowds in coffee houses to performing at on a larger scale at events like First Friday, House of Blues, Hard Rock Cafe and numerous other concert venues.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 3, 2013
- Doors at 7:30 pm
- Performances from 8:00 – 11:30 p.m.
- Open to the public (all ages)
WHERE: The parking lot of Park on Fremont
506 E. Fremont St.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
© 2013, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.