Weather Causes Cancellation of Qualifying for Sam’s Town 300
March 8, 2013 by VegasNews.com
Weather conditions forced NASCAR officials to cancel Nationwide Series practice this evening at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. As a result, Saturday’s qualifying session for the Sam’s Town 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race has been cancelled. The Sam’s Town 300 starting line-up will be determined by the rule book, using 2012 team owner points to set the field.
Saturday’s schedule has been revised. NASCAR Nationwide Series teams will practice from 8-9:15 a.m. on Saturday morning. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series is scheduled to practice twice, from 9:40-10:40 a.m. and 11:35 a.m.-12:30 p.m. The Sam’s Town 300 is scheduled to start at 1:15 p.m.
Sunday’s schedule for the Kobalt Tools 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has not changed.
- SATURDAY, MARCH 9 — Ticket gates open at 8:30 a.m.8 a.m.-9:15 a.m.
- NASCAR Nationwide Series Sam’s Town 300 practice.9:40 a.m.-10:40 a.m.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice.11:35 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Final NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice.12:40 p.m.
- Sam’s Town 300 driver introductions.1:15 p.m.
- Sam’s Town 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race (200 laps, 300 miles).
For more information, please call LVMS at (702) 644-4444 or visit www.LVMS.com.
© 2013, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.