Dream Racing Launches New Street Car Driving Experience in Las Vegas
February 1, 2013 by VegasNews.com
Dream Racing, the luxury racing experience at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway that was named number seven of Travel + Leisure Magazine’s 101 Places Every Traveler Must Know, introduces a new street legal racing division designed to allow even more people the opportunity to drive sports cars on track just like a professional.
Dream Racing’s core experience, which launched in early 2012, features a fleet of track-tuned Ferrari 430 GT racing machines so powerful they are not legal on the street. Now, the company is offering more affordable entry-level experiences designed for drivers to test a variety of luxury sports cars on the same infield track where they race their non-street legal cousins. Vehicles joining the line-up include the Ferrari 458 Italia and Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, McLaren MP4-12C, and Porsche 911 Carrera S.
- The Ferrari 458 Italia is an exotic sports coupe that boasts a 570-horsepower direct-injected 4.5-liter V8 engine and uncompromising design, integrating style with cutting-edge, track-derived technology. Between the F1-style steering column-mounted shift paddles and magnetic fluid-filled shock absorbers, the fiery roadster allows for extremely quick gear changes and reacts instantly to track conditions and driver inputs.
- Bringing F1 racing technology and performance to the road, the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano strikes a balance between sport and luxury and is sure to impress with its immense power and torque. What makes this Italian grand touring sports coupe unique is the 6.0-liter V12 engine with more than 600 horsepower.
- The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera is a modern super car with speed in its lineage. Mainly constructed of carbon fiber, the overall weight of the car is reduced, making it the lightest road-legal Lamborghini in its range . Known for a 5.2 liter V10 engine and an extremely smooth ride, the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera will not dissapoint.
- With a touch of British engineering, the McLaren MP4-12C showcases technological innovation that truly pushes the boundaries of sports car development. The car not only has a powerful engine with 625 horsepower, but also has the ability to attack corners with precision. On the design end of the spectrum, the leather and faux suede are sewn to Savile Row standards, bringing a touch of elegance to this super car.
- Once you turn the key to the Porsche 911 Carrera S, the sound of an exhilarating roar will fill the air. The seventh-generation model of the Porsche 911, the Carrera S is built with a lightweight body featuring aluminum-steel composite construction, 400 horsepower, and accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds.
Dream Racing’s street legal racing experience gives drivers five or seven laps on the 1.1 mile track accompanied by a professional instructor, along with pre-lap training time in the iRacing.com powered simulator featuring a laser scan of the Las Vegas track.
The new experiences are available via web booking at www.dreamracing.com. For just $199, drivers can get behind the wheel for five laps in the Porsche 911 Carrera S, and for $299 can drive the Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera or McLaren MP4-12C options. The same experience with the powerful 620 hp V12 599 GTB Fiorano is offered for $399. Seven lap packages are also available.
“In the past year we have seen the exhilaration on driver’s faces as they climb out of the racing Ferrari,” said Dream Racing co-owner and former professional race car driver Enrico Bertaggia. “We wanted to offer a similar thrill with an entry level package that was accessible to a greater number of people, whilst keeping the high standards for which we distinguish ourselves.”
“By adding to our Ferrari fleet with street legal makes and models we are able to expand our offerings with a more affordable experience that still gives people the thrill of driving a sports car on a race-track,” adding the company’s co-owner Adriano De Micheli, also a former racing pro.
Those wishing to drive a finely tuned vehicle they simply cannot have access to anywhere else in Las Vegas can still get behind the wheel of the racing Ferrari 430 GT with the company’s original packages ranging from $499 and up that include transportation to and from Crystals at CityCenter, a classroom session, extended simulator time, use of a full racing suit and helmet and options including telemetry and hot laps.
© 2013, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.
Now you can Follow VegasNews.com on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter!