Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas Resorts Unite to Fight Breast Cancer with Events Throughout October
October 23, 2012 by VegasNews.com
During the month of October, nine Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas resorts will do their part to raise money in the fight against breast cancer. The company will seek to increase awareness regarding women’s health issues through a string of events during the company’s inaugural Breast Cancer Awareness month (Photo credit: Denise Truscello / WireImage www.DeniseTruscello.net).
Photo credit: Denise Truscello / WireImage www.DeniseTruscello.net.
Each Caesars Entertainment casino has designated areas where table game felts have changed from traditional green to signature “pink table zones,” while individual properties will work to raise consumer and employee awareness with events and special offerings.
- Caesars Entertainment has teamed up with Frederick’s of Hollywood to host the third-annual “Battle of the Bras” fashion show on Thursday, Oct. 25, at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. The fashion show is the culmination of a month-long event in which Caesars Entertainment employees, Strip headliners and local media personalities put their design skills to the test creating one-of-a-kind undergarments. Participants fight to take top honors by raising the most dollars in support of breast cancer research. Last year’s “Battle of the Bras” raised more than $10,000.
- Hash House A Go Go at The Quad Resort & Casino will offer a special “Cake for the Cure” pancake made with a variety of fresh fruits to achieve a pinkish hue. The restaurant will donate $1 from the sale of every pancake to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk throughout the month of October.
- The Spa and Salon at Bally’s will offer a 50-minute classic massage or classic facial for $99 every Wednesday in October. A portion of proceeds from these services, as well as any shampoo, blow dry or pedicure service, will be donated to American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer campaign.
- Café Belle Madeleine at Paris Las Vegas will offer a signature Pink Ribbon Cupcake throughout the month with a portion of the proceeds benefitting breast cancer research.
- Rao’s at Caesars Palace is donating $2 to the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer campaign for every piece of its mouth-watering raspberry cheesecake sold throughout October.
“Cancer impacts all of us,” said Jan Jones, executive vice president of communications and government relations for Caesars Entertainment. “We are proud to stand united in our efforts to protect and inspire the women in our lives to be screened and help them fight the disease each day in our communities.”
Dedicated to the health and wellness of its operating communities, Caesars has a long-standing commitment to fighting cancer through its ongoing efforts with the American Cancer Society. This year, a $25,000 donation from Caesars Foundation will be divided among multiple chapters of the American Cancer Society following the conclusion of the campaign. Since 2006 the company and Caesars Foundation, a private foundation funded by a percentage of operating income from the company’s resorts, have provided more than $2.4 million to the American Cancer Society through Relay for Life and other programs.
Caesars Entertainment plays an important role in each community in which it is privileged to operate, and is committed to making them better, more vibrant places to live and work. The Breast Cancer Awareness month initiative at Caesars Entertainment originated at Caesars Windsor Hotel Casino in Ontario, Canada, which annually transforms its pit games to pink awareness centers to benefit the Canadian Cancer Association. Since 2004, the property has donated $610,000 toward helping cancer-related health initiatives.
For additional information about Caesars Entertainment’s volunteerism and charitable efforts visit, www.caesars.com/corporate/about-us-code-of-commitment.html. For additional information about Caesars Foundation visit www.caesarsfoundation.com.
© 2012, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.
Now you can Follow VegasNews.com on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter!