Six Days of Bloodless Bullfighting to Take Place at South Point Casino
May 27, 2009 by VegasNews.com
Today Don Bull Productions announced details on the first ever bloodless bullfights to be held in Las Vegas at the South Point Hotel & Casino, September 14-15, in conjunction with Mexican Independence Day festivities, and 27-30 (Photo: © Erik Kabik/ RETNA/ www.erikkabik.com).
Pictured above: (L) Bullfighter Eulalio Lopez “Zotoluco” shows the press a traditional uniform worn by the bullfighters in the ring, called “traje de luces”, meaning the “suit of lights”. (R) Pedro Haces Barba, President of Don Bull Productions.
The first in a scheduled series of bloodless bullfights presented by Don Bull Productions to take place at the South Point Arena, Fiestas Patrias will offer spectators the opportunity to witness the best bullfighters from around the globe performing their mastery in the entertainment capital of the world. Using specially designed adhesive Velcro pads instead of traditional banderillas, rejones and steel harpoons, competitors are able to preserve the existence of the toros while keeping the excitement and skill of traditional bullfighting alive.
- September 14: Fiestas Patrias will feature some of the most famous bullfighters in the world including Eulalio Lopez “El Zotoluco”, Alejandro Amaya and Julio Benitez “El Cordobes.”
- September 15: An exciting day of bloodless bullfights featuring rejoneadors (horseback bullfighters) Antonio Domecq, Rui Fernandes, and Jorge Hernandez Garate as well as two group exhibitions featuring Forcados de Turlock and Forcados de Mazatlan.
- September 27: The Grand Bullfighting Cartel comes to Sin City with Fiesta en España superstars Ortega Cano, Enrique Ponce and Antonio Barrera.
- September 28: Bullfighting in Las Vegas featuring the great three of a kind, Javier Conde, Julian Lopez “El Juli” and Federico Pizzaro.
- September 29: The Extraordinary Cartel of Luxury featuring Francisco Rivera Ordonez, Julian Lopez “El Juli” and David Fandila “El Fandi.”
- September 30: The triumphant bullfighters from Spain staring Luis Bolivar, Enrique Ponce and Pedrito de Portugal.
Tickets to Fiesta Patrias start at just $60 and can be purchased by calling (702) 797-8055 or by visiting www.TorosLasVegas.com or www.SouthPointCasino.com. VIP tables and seating are also available with pricing ranging from $375 to $550.
In the photo above, bullfighter Federico Pizarro, Pedro Haces Barba (President of Don Bull Productions), bullfighter Eulalio Lopez “Zotoluco” and bullfighter Jorge Hernandez Garate are pictured with the Don Bull Productions event hostesses all holding specially designed adhesive Velcro padded banderillas. These are the tools used by the bullfighters in this humane form of bloodless bullfighting. By using these special tools the competitors are able to preserve the existence of the toros while keeping the excitement and skill of traditional bullfighting alive.
Pedro Haces Barba, President of Don Bull Productions, demonstrated the specially designed adhesive Velcro padded banderillas that will be used for this bloodless version of the sport he is bringing to Las Vegas.
© 2009, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.