Jersey Shore’s DJ Pauly D, MTV and Thousands of College Students Take Over Palms Casino Resort March 6–9
February 27, 2011 by VegasNews.com
While most of the country is enduring bitterly cold weather, MTV is ready to heat things up as the network takes over Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas as the official MTV Spring Break 2011 destination from March 6 – March 9, 2011.
“Jersey Shore’s” DJ Pauly D will be on the turntables at select parties, and artists Wiz Khalifa, Pitbull, Lupe Fiasco and Jason Derulo will keep the party going as they take the stage in front of thousands of college students. Nothing says MTV Spring Break better than great weather, sexy pool parties and kick-ass musical performances by some of the hottest emerging and established artists. This spring, what happens in Vegas is on MTV with Spring Break 2011 airing on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU.
On the ground Spring Break events and celebrities include:
- DJ Pauly D – DJ Pauly D will be on the scene guest DJing the daytime pool parties, giving students a chance to dance to the hottest music spun by one of the hottest DJs. Fans will also have the chance to party with him during the “Jersey Shore” 10 spot party, which he’ll be co-hosting with cast mate Deena Nicole.
- Pool-side Performances: MTV will host explosive performances pool-side on Monday, March 7th and Tuesday, March 8th:
- Jason Derulo has dominated the airwaves with the triple-platinum debut single “Whatcha Say,” platinum second single “In My Head” and platinum third single “Ridin Solo.” The 20-year-old singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor has sold more than 14 million singles and 1 million albums worldwide and is the first male solo artist in history to have three singles hit the Top 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
- International superstar Pitbull’s major label debut, Rebelution, dominated the charts with hit singles “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho),” “Hotel Room Service” and club favorite “Krazy.” Pitbull recently released Armando, his first full Spanish-language album. His next English album, Planet Pit, will hit stores this May and includes the chart-climbing “Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)” featuring T-Pain, which reached #2 on iTunes.
- Lupe Fiasco rose to fame in 2006 following the success of Lupe Fiasco’s Food & Liquor, he then released his second album, Lupe Fiasco’s The Cool, in December 2007, where the single “Superstar” became a hit, peaking at number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. The 2008 MTV Spring break performer and Grammy Award winning artist is currently wrapping up the sold-out Australia/New Zealand leg of his worldwide “Generation Lasers” tour. Signed to 1ST & 15TH / Atlantic, he will be releasing his third full-length collection, “LASERS” in stores and at all online retailers on March 8th, 2011.
- Wiz Khalifa, signed to Atlantic Records, embarked on a stint on the famed “Rock The Bells” tour alongside such legends as Lauryn Hill and Snoop Dogg, immediately followed by his nation-wide headlining tour, appropriately dubbed the “Waken Baken Tour.” Most recently the 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards nominee has seen success with the video for his first release, “Black & Yellow” getting an astonishing 3 million views on YouTube. There is no question about it: Wiz Khalifa’s debut album is bound to be something great.
- Screening Parties: During Spring Break week, MTV will air brand new episodes of Jersey Shore, Real World, Hard Times of RJ Berger and more. Every night at 10PM ET/PT, MTV will host a screening party in one of the Sky Villas at the Palms Hotel & Casino, where lucky spring breakers – joined by celebrity talent and MTV show talent – have the chance to view the premiere episodes before anyone else, mix and mingle with the cast and get the latest gossip from the show.
- EXPRESS Fashion Show: After casting some of the hottest models and MTV spring breakers at the EXPRESS RUNWAY lounge next to the pool, on Wednesday, March 9th MTV, and EXPRESS will host a fashion show showcasing the latest styles from EXPRESS.
MTV has a long-standing, close relationship with Las Vegas that’s full of big moments and epic performances. MTV’s first trip to Vegas took place in 2002 when seven strangers came together in Real World 12: Las Vegas. MTV ruled Vegas all summer in 2005 with MTV’s Summer On The Strip. In 2007, the MTV Video Music Awards took over the Palms Casino and this spring, Real World is heading back to Las Vegas.
“Palms Casino Resort is thrilled to host MTV Spring Break 2011,” said Palms owner George Maloof. “MTV and Palms are creating the ultimate destination for thousands of college students to kick-back and enjoy some much deserved time off. Between the pool parties and the live performances, this should be a spring break experience like no other.”
Between the ages of 21-27 and want to party MTV style for spring break? Time is running out, so head to Palms Casino Resort now to secure your spot at the hottest Spring Break in 2011!
The Palms Casino Resort is located just west of the Las Vegas Strip and I-15 on Flamingo Road. For reservation information, call toll free at (866) PALMS-RES, (866) 725-6773, or visit www.palms.com. For groups of 15 rooms or more, contact the Sales Department at (866) PALMS-MTG or (866) 725-6768.
© 2011, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.
Now you can Follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter!