Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel Celebrates Second “Canniversary” in August
July 19, 2010 by VegasNews.com
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel will celebrate its two-year anniversary during the month of August. The “Canniversary” celebration will officially kick off on Sunday, August 1 with free cupcakes and champagne in Marilyn’s Lounge from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. “Canniversary” events include a performance by Grammy Award-winning Brian McKnight on Saturday, August 21 in the Casablanca Event Center; a special casino player event on Friday, August 27 starring Rich Little and gaming promotions and giveaways throughout the month.
“We are absolutely thrilled to celebrate our two-year ‘Canniversary,’ and though the official anniversary date is August 28 we decided to celebrate throughout the entire month to show our guests our appreciation,” said Marty Gross, vice president and general manager of Eastside Cannery Casino & Resort. “We encourage everyone to come and enjoy all the events and promotions we have planned for August. It’s going to be an exciting month!”
Free Cake and Champagne Celebrations
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel will treat guests to free cake and champagne twice in August. Free cupcakes and champagne will be available in Marilyn’s Lounge on Sunday, August 1 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. to launch the “Canniversary” festivities. On Saturday, August 28 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., free cake and champagne will be served in Marilyn’s Lounge to commemorate Eastside Cannery’s official two-year anniversary.
“Canniversary Cooler” Cocktail
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel will offer the signature drink of the “Canniversary,” the “Canniversary Cooler” at all casino bars throughout the month of August. The “Canniversary Cooler” is a refreshing blend of Smirnoff Raspberry Vodka, Sierra Mist and cranberry juice served over ice and garnished with a cherry and slice of lime served in a souvenir Hurricane Glass for $2.
Brian McKnight Concert
Grammy Award winning R&B musician and TV personality Brian McKnight will perform in the Casablanca Event Center on Saturday, August 27 at 8 p.m. Tickets are available in three levels: Gold $59.95, Prime $49.95 and Reserved $39.95. To purchase tickets, call (702) 856-5470, visit www.eastsidecannery.com, or go to Eastside Cannery’s box office located at the front desk.Ticket prices do not include tax and applicable fees.
Lon Bronson Band
The longest-running band in Las Vegas history delivers their signature blend of “industrial strength” R&B, rock, soul and funk in Marilyn’s Lounge every night from Friday, August 27 through Sunday, August 29. The Lon Bronson Band plays on Friday, August 27 and Saturday, August 28 from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Sunday, August 29 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
VIP Dinner Show Starring Rich Little (Invited Guests Only)
On Friday, August 27 in the Casablanca Event Center, invited guests will enjoy a 3-course dinner followed by a performance from master impressionist Rich Little. Dinner is at 6 p.m. and the show at 7 p.m.
“Canniversary” Dining Specials
“Canniversary” guests are honored with specials through August at Eastside Cannery & Casino bars and restaurants!
For fine dining on the Boulder Strip, relax in an upscale environment as you dine on the best prime rib in town, sliced before your eyes at the carving station.
· $2 glass of wine
· Appetizer Medley: choice of two appetizers for the price of one
Voted Best of Las Vegas for Mexican Food in 2008, Casa Cocina is reminiscent of a small town cantina in Mexico and priced like you were south of the border.
· $2 shot of tequila with the purchase of an entrée
Enjoy the look and feel of an American classic that serves up classic American comfort foods 24 hours a day. It’s like taking a trip back to the early 1960’s with prices that match.
· $2.22 Breakfast Special (with purchase of a drink) from 6 a.m. – 10 a.m.: 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 servings of hash browns and 2 slices of toast
“Canniversary” Drink Specials at Casino Bars
· $2 “Canniversary Cooler” served in a souvenir Hurricane glass
· $2 shot of Jack Daniels with a free “Canniversary” souvenir shot glass
· $1 Heineken and Heineken Light
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel will honor all dining and drink specials from August 1 through August 31 (unless otherwise noted).
“Canniversary” Gaming Promotions
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel welcomes players to celebrate the “Canniversary” with a month of gaming promotions and giveaways! Here are some highlights:
“Canniversary Cash” Pull-Tab Mailer – Every Monday and Thursday, August 2 – 26 (Invited Guests Only)
The “Canniversary Cash” pull-tab mailer invites players for 8 trips total with the opportunity to win prizes ranging from $5 – $1,000 cash or Free Slot Play, mystery gifts, hotel stays, free buffets and free concert tickets! Pull-tabs can only be redeemed at the Promotions Center with a representative present. Pull-tabs opened prior to a representative being present will not be honored.
“Canniversary” T-Shirt Giveaway – Through August
3,500 t-shirts will be given to winning players throughout the month! Table games players will receive a free logo t-shirt for wins including a suited Blackjack, 5 card 21 and triple 7’s. Slots players will receive a free logo t-shirt for all hand pay jackpots $1,000 and above.
“Canniversary” Collectible Series – Every Wednesday in August
· August 4: Earn 200 points and receive an Eastside Cannery Box Collectible or $10 Free Slot Play
· August 11: Earn 200 points and receive a Bubbly Collectible or $10 Free Slot Play
· August 18: Earn 200 points and receive a Canniversary Box Collectible or $10 Free Slot Play
· August 25: Earn 200 points and receive a Cake Collectible or $10 Free Slot Play
· Table games players: Play two hours at $10 average bet equivalent.
· Limit one per customer per day.
· Customers keep the points.
“Canniversary” Gift Day, Commemorative Plates: Friday, August 20 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
· Earn 150 points on the same day and receive a Commemorative “Canniversary” Plate. Table games players: Play one hour at $15 average bet equivalent.
· Earn 250 points on the same day and receive a Large Commemorative “Canniversary” Plate. Table games players: Play three hours at $10 average bet equivalent.
· Limit two items per customer.
· Customers keep the points.
“Canniversary” Select Rewards: Every Tuesday in August
· Earn 200 points and receive a choice of FREE “Canniversary” Logo Flex Fit Hat, $5 free slot play or free buffet. Table games players: Play two hours at $10 average bet equivalent.
· Earn 350 points and receive a choice of FREE “Canniversary” Logo Outback Shirt, $10 free slot play or free buffet. Table games players: Play three and a half hours at $10 average bet equivalent.
· One gift per customer, per day, while supplies last.
· Customers keep the points.
Gift Day, Rum or Tequila: Friday August 13
Earn 300 points and receive a choice of Bacardi or Jose Cuervo! Limit 2 per customer. Customers keep the points.
Gift Day, Wine: Monday, August 30 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Earn 150 points on the same day to receive a FREE bottle of wine. Table games players: Play one hour at $15 average bet equivalent. Limit two items per customer. Customers keep the points.
For more information about all Eastside Cannery’s events and promotions, please visit www.eastsidecannery.com
© 2010, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.