Top

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5

August 23, 2015 by  

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5
Police officers
and firefighters throughout Southern Nevada are lacing up their kicks and preparing to settle their friendly rivalry on the soccer field. The Guns‘n’Hoses benefit soccer game is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015 at Peter Johann Soccer Field on the campus of UNLV

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5

Proceeds from the event will benefit the Injured Police Officers Fund (selected by local police officers) and the Burn Foundation (selected by local firefighters). The winning team’s charity of choice will take home 60 percent of the event’s proceeds, with the remaining 40 percent going to the other team’s charity.

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5

“Bragging rights are on the line and we’re ready to leave it all on the field,” said Jon Stevenson, Battalion Chief at City of Las Vegas Fire and Rescue and organizer of the event. “Rivalries aside, we all look forward to supporting two wonderful charities who do so much for our first responders. We appreciate the community’s support and hope Southern Nevadans enjoy what promises to be an action-packed day.”

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5

Kick It at The Guns’n’Hoses Police vs. Fire Benefit Soccer Game Sept. 5

The family-friendly event kicks off at 3 p.m. with pre-game activities that include K-9 unit and SWAT unit demonstrations, police car and fire truck displays, a search and rescue helicopter exhibit, CPR training every 15 minutes and a children’s photo ID and finger printing station. Food will be aplenty with several local food trucks on-site. Additionally, bouncy houses and face painting will be available for kids.

The benefit soccer game kicks off at 7 p.m. with a ceremonial first kick from Nevada State Senator Ruben Kihuen. LVMPD K-9 Unit will provide halftime entertainment.

Tickets are $5 for anyone 8 and older (in advance) or $7 (at the gate). Admission for children seven years and younger is free. Tickets may be purchased in advance, with no service fees, at VegasFamilyEvents.com. The Peter Johann Soccer Field is located near the intersection of E. Flamingo Road and Swenson Street.

© 2015, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com


...
Now you can Follow VegasNews.com on
Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter!

Shop Best of Vegas for all your Las Vegas Travel needs!

Follow us on Social Networks!

Friend me on FacebookFollow me on TwitterAdd me to your circlesFollow me on PinterestJoin my network on LinkedInRSS Feed
Advertise on VegasNews.com
Sidebar links, graphic ads, poster ads, sponsored articles, hot-linked terms! Click for Examples!

Nick Kallos' Casino Gaming School for casino dealers in Las Vegas. Learn to deal Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Poker, Baccarat and Pai Gow Poker.

Learn to be a Casino Dealer in Las Vegas!

Click here!








VegasNews.com covers celebrity sightings, upcoming shows and concerts, hotel & casino news, nightclubs,
travel information, sports, plus information about restaurants, conventions and tourist attractions. We have
some of the greatest celebrity photos you've ever seen so check us daily for the latest news about Las Vegas!

VegasNews.com

Copyright (c) 2004-2017 Bryan Eggers
Send news, editorial comments, suggestions and press releases to
Editor